My first YouTube video!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did an awesome job! Lighting was good, visuals were clear and uncluttered. Not to mention the soaping part was awesome. ;) I hope we can see the unmolded & cut bars soon!

(PS, I'm so jealous of all of you who make enough soap to justify those big 5lb molds. I want one so bad, but I don't make enough soap!)

You did a good job of explaining how and why you did everything. I can't wait to see how the soap turns out once it is cut.

I love your presentation style and conversational tone of voice. In the arena of soaping videos you provide a new unique voice. Thank-you!

Very nice video, i enjoyed it, but i enjoy soap videos twice as much when they shows the finished cut soap at the end.

Nicely done! I cant wait to see the cut bars, and your evaluation of them.
I have to ask, where did you get that lovely yellow big mixing bowl with handle and spout?

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I've been thinking about making a series of videos for awhile because I enjoy watching Soapmaking videos so much! It's hard to find really good videos though. I find that's most are so busy with background noise and messy countertops. I also have a hard time listening to minutes of stick blending... And most of all, when the soap maker leaves to fetch things or let soap thicken while the camera is running. This video was really just a practice run.. I'm sure I'll learn how to do things better as I go. Thank you again! :)

Very nice video, i enjoyed it, but i enjoy soap videos twice as much when they shows the finished cut soap at the end.

Soap Bro.. I totally agree! It's such a let down when you have to go searching for the cutting video isn't it? I definitely thought about that and want to include that on my future videos. Thanks for the critique!!

Nicely done! I cant wait to see the cut bars, and your evaluation of them.
I have to ask, where did you get that lovely yellow big mixing bowl with handle and spout?

Seawolfe, I got this one at goodwill, but I see you're in So Cal. Do you by any chance have a Cost Plus world market near you? They have nice melamine ones in that size right now. I have one that I've been using for months. ... Don't let the spout fool you though. The soap still drips out and runs down the side. I've also seen them in specialty kitchen stores (sur La Table, Williams Sonoma) but they're pricey.

Well done! I never thought of doing an ITP swirl by pouring down the side/tiger striping like that, will have to try it now. Also, the colors seem perfect with that scent (which I have now put on my NG wishlist, thanks for enabling, Vivian :) I'm another who can't wait to see it cut.

Next video request: a cp/mp mix, I think I remember a thread where you had posted a pic of a really nice one. That was you? You might end up being the next Soap Queen :)

Edited to add: Seawolfe, I have a bowl that is like that one, it is by Oxxo and I ordered it on Amazon. $13 (I think it was a little cheaper when I bought it). Not as good as Goodwill, but a lot better than Williams Sonoma, and I use it all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CDP5VS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good job on that video! No long SB sequences, no prolonged whacking of the spatula on bowls and molds, good lighting, clear instructions, good camera angles. Just give the cut pic at the end, and I will upgrade this to an A+!

Great job! Looking forward to seeing the cut soap. I've been wanting to video tape my soaping. Not for youtube, but to watch objectively as I learn. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more videos. Especially a CP/MP combo. I want to try that soon!

Thanks again everyone! I will definitely do a video on CP/MP because it's just so fun and very simple once you get the hang of it!

I really want to start with the basics, which oils do what, and which to use, also how to use a soap calculator... Just really tackling all of the questions I had when I first started. Then I want to get to the fun stuff and also show off my bloopers and fails because there are plenty of things that go wrong and I think those need to be showcased as well.

Going to cut the OMG olive (wow that's an awful name) shortly!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I've been thinking about making a series of videos for awhile because I enjoy watching Soapmaking videos so much! It's hard to find really good videos though. I find that's most are so busy with background noise and messy countertops. I also have a hard time listening to minutes of stick blending... And most of all, when the soap maker leaves to fetch things or let soap thicken while the camera is running. This video was really just a practice run.. I'm sure I'll learn how to do things better as I go. Thank you again! :)

It's finny that you should mention those two things, because I was going to comment on how refreshing it was not to have a distracting background, or annoying music! lol Great video, TViv! That was an interesting swirl, looks like it's not too hard to do. I'm anxious to see the cut pics, too. Thanks for sharing, I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you. :-D

"I will definitely do a video on CP/MP because it's just so fun and very simple once you get the hang of it"

Ok, don't make me call you Zahida (the Hand in Florida person). She always makes things look so perfect and beautiful and easy. Um, not so much if you are me. My CP/MP mixes have been pretty questionable so far, I need your video!

Great Video, nice to have a soaping video without distractions, and you provided very useful information on mixing oxides, and a new slant on the in the pot swirl. I have the same mold, and it is the best soap mold ever. I also want to see the cut pictures or video, the colors look beautiful in the mold.

Back