My first YouTube video!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you do make a lot more videos. You explain your process and thinking very well, and don't distract yourself; you stay on task.

Your past posts often talk about your soaping experiments....like the such for the best coconut. I like the way your mind works and would really enjoy watching your adventures on video! (I don't have the patience to be as methodical as you, nor the tolerance for surprises. When I make soap I like to know exactly what I'll end up with, so I rarely experiment.)

Here are the finished bars! Overall I'm happy with how they turned out. The swirls are clearer and much more defined and less "wispy" than ITP swirls I've done in the past. I'll upload the cutting video later tonight! Next time I'll leave the soap in the bottom of the bowl thinner so it pours out more smoothly.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426787231.156689.jpg

My favorite bar is in the bottom right. The Loch Ness Monster bar! :)

I really enjoyed this video! I hope you make more. You have a really nice style.

What did you use to line your mold? It looks like a clear silicon.

Ooops! i looked again. It looks like a silicon liner not silicon paper (if there is such a thing!).

Last edited:
Those are gorgeous. Very olive-y looking. B/t/w how does that FO hold over time, do you know?

About the scent.. I just don't know. I made a sample bar of it about 6 weeks ago, and the scent has held up nicely and usually if a scent is a horrible fader, it would have done so by now. It's light and fresh and not a scent that knocks you down even when it's brand new, so I'm not sure how it will hold up 6 months or a year. ... But I liked it so much that I ordered a larger bottle!

Great job on the video. You explained what you were doing clearly, no crazy background noise and very clean organized work area. It also makes me crazy when they don't have everything at their fingertips and leave. Beautiful soap as well. Look forward to more.

Great job on the video. You explained what you were doing clearly, no crazy background noise and very clean organized work area. It also makes me crazy when they don't have everything at their fingertips and leave. Beautiful soap as well. Look forward to more.

Thanks so much Shari!

Everyone's words have been so kind and motivating! :)

Here's the cutting video for anyone interested and I promise not to post them all... Just these two because they're my firsts!

Great job on both videos! I subscribed to your channel hoping to see many more in the future. I so appreciate all the soapers willing to put themselves out there for public consumption and share techniques . . . it really is the best way to learn. :clap:

Great videos!! And I LOVE how the soap turned out! Can't wait to see more :)

Great videos!! And I LOVE how the soap turned out! Can't wait to see more :)

Thanks friend! You know, you are partially responsible for my soap obsession! When you were kind enough to be the first soap maker to send me your amazing bars.. I was hooked! :)

Ngian, that's true, I like the IKEA bowls too. I got a couple a few months ago and am thinking of going back and getting more. They are much cheaper, and come in sensibly sized/usable sets. But they are not as sturdy and solid though, more likely to tip/spill if you are a klutz like me. I like having both heavier and lighter bowls.

Very nice video. You saved me the effort of having to jump forward in the video to avoid all the monotonous segments that are in most videos. If you have video editing software, it's easy to combine the two videos and then reload the resulting new one to youtube. You can then delete the old ones and have just one with the cut bars at the end.

I really like it - as you say, it's a nice and clear area and none of the rubbish background noises. Also, you have a really sweet voice which is very easy to listen to, unlike a certain video soaper who causes me to shudder every time she says "depot" (which is A LOT!)

One thing to think about is the tense that you narrate in. You swap between present and past tense a lot, which is understandable but I thought that you might not have picked up on it.

Great result, too - love those greens

I really like it - as you say, it's a nice and clear area and none of the rubbish background noises. Also, you have a really sweet voice which is very easy to listen to, unlike a certain video soaper who causes me to shudder every time she says "depot" (which is A LOT!)

One thing to think about is the tense that you narrate in. You swap between present and past tense a lot, which is understandable but I thought that you might not have picked up on it.

Great result, too - love those greens

Thanks EG and thank you for pointing that out! I had to laugh because you are completely right! I recorded my voice over the existing video,but I was trying to speak as though I was working right along in the present. Harder to do than I thought! I will definitely be more conscious next time :)

Latest posts

Back