My first soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDennis

Reaction score
Excited that I can show this. My first soap. Strawberry Milkshake FO %30 OO,%30 Palm, %30 CO, % 10 Shea butter. I split in half and coloured half with pink ultramarine. I was forewarned that the FO would excelerate and boy did it. I had to spoon it into the mould. The top has a few mistakes but I did it! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426816401.857998.jpg

The cut........ Def not pink but I'm happy with it as a first. I prob should have added TD first maybe. Was surprised I could unmould it with in 10 hrs. It hardened fast. Scent is ok, artificial though but everyone in the house likes it. Now the 4 week wait begins.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1426862310.084833.jpg

Congratulations! It's a great feeling when you use your own soap! Did the fragrance contain vanilla or do you think the color morphed? Either way make a note of it! Next time you can compensate and have your pink soap.

You know what I bet the FO did contain vanilla. I checked the website I ordered from and it has been discontinued. Probably why it was on sale. Will def make a note of it! I only have enough for another 3 lb batch so I will see what happens to the colour with another fragrance. Really I guess in the beginning it all trial and error :)

Great first soap, welcome to the soaping addiction!

that is your first attempt

I am impressed. I haven't tried making any yet but if mine looks half as good as that I will be pleased.

Latest posts

Back