my first lotion attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asil02

Reaction score
I just made some homemade lotion! It was so easy and fun. The only thing is that this is just a trial batch and not to be used by anyone other than me...and my daughter, too. The reason is that it is an old fashioned recipe and I want to see how it holds up. There are no preservatives in it so it is supsceptible to bacteria growth and such...so it is for personal use until I get some preservatives to work with. Expecting a box with those any day now. It is a very thick and rich blend. I slathered some on my feet to see how it does on those ugly heels. LOL I tinted it green and scented it with cucumber and sweetgrass. MMMM smells great and feels even better!
cuc_swtgrslotion1.jpg

cuc_swtgrslotion2.jpg

Anyway I just wanted to let y'all know what I did tonight.
TTFN!

That's awesome! :)

I'm gearing up for my very first attempt at lotions, too. I got all my supplies and preservatives from LotionCrafters last week and now all I have to do is get going and have at it! :)

IrishLass

Thanks! I was pretty excited too. You will love it when you make yours. I really like that I know everything that is in it too.

It looks lovely!! Rich and creamy and I love the colour. Old Fashioned recipes are often the best :D .

I really love making lotions and creams. They are a lot of fun.

Good for you! :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back