My First Honey Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lidyax

Reaction score
So, after some fail batches under my belt (they're all useable, just not pretty at all), I finally got this beauty.

I only colored the blue part with food dye. The rest is supposed to be white! I have no idea what caused them to become deep orange like that, perhaps the honey or citrusy FO? The honey does make the scent sweeter than the original FO scent. I think I'll call it Honey Orange.

IMG_1105.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice! I've never tried food coloring because I'd heard that the colors don't hold up in the presence of lye ..... But yours looks pretty good!

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Very nice! I've never tried food coloring because I'd heard that the colors don't hold up in the presence of lye ..... But yours looks pretty good!

I haven't found the supplier for cosmetic grade micas or oxide so far but food colorants are so widely available and cheap I think it doesn't hurt to try. Now I'll just wait and see if the color holds up for long time.

The orange will probably fade to tan or brown in the coming days. I hope the purple stays for you.

Micas and oxides are widely available on-line. Brambleberry has a nice sample pack and she tests hers in CP to verify that they will be stable. Nurture soap supply also carried lovely vibrant micas.

Hi Judy, I live in Indonesia. I told my mom that part of the soap making craft here is finding ingredients and suppliers with reasonable price and good quality. I'm so jealous of you guys in US! Lol. I can order from Brambleberry but the shipping cost is too high.

I'll post again in 4 weeks! Can't wait to try it after curing. Right now it's still rather harsh.

very pretty soaps!

i'm in the caribbean, and also have a hard time finding pigments, so I feel your pain on that front!

Lovely! That purple looks great, I hope it stays, looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks! And yeah, we're on the same boat, neener. :)

Very nice soap! I like purple color. I had a plan to use food dye too but then I read somewhere that it can stain the skin when using soap. Let us know how it goes. I might give it a try if it will work for you :)

Hi, renata. No, the soap doesn't stain. But each brand of food dye probably has different components than the others.

Latest posts

Back