My first divider swirl-homemade soy milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I read upon a recipe on how to make your own soy milk using a blender so I picked uo some soybeans and black soybeans. The recipe worked and I got nice and rich soy milk. Then I started to think I can use it for soap!
20200210193438.jpg

Soybean and black soybean.
20200210193448.jpg

Finished soy milk. Very, very rich. Slightly sweet even without any sugar.
If you also want to use soy milk, I froze mine into ice cubes and it thaw super duper slow and the eventual lye solution is quite chunky. I would use a 3:1 soy milk ice : water ratio next time.
I ordered some acrylic dividers but they won't be here for a while due to the holiday season so I just cut off a piece of cardboard, wrap and glue baking paper around it, and secure with tape. I had to hold it down for the soap to reach a heavier trace but overall it worked well.
cover-art.jpg

Fun fact: soy milk is usually refered to as "soy sauce" or "soy juice" here in China and "milk" is usually only refering to cow milk. There is a drink called "soy milk" which is a blend of soy milk and cow milk. Imagine my confusion when I see there is no actual milk in the soy milks in U.S.

Back