My first attempt at salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamela

Reaction score
Here's my first attempt as salt soap....recipe courtesy of IrishLass...thank you very much...very generous of you :D I made it in a loaf mold and cut them into bars after approx. 1 hour 15 mins. Can't believe it was that quick! Wasn't exactly sure what the heck I was doing so I did a test batch that made about 8 bars.....what is everyones average cure time on the salt bars?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They look fab and oh so straight, what scent (honey?) and colour did you put in ?

looks great! I still need to try a salt bar again, my first attempt failed :(

Relle9 said:
They look fab and oh so straight, what scent (honey?) and colour did you put in ?

Thanks a bunch :D can't wait to try them out!!! I used wild mt. honey & no coloring...there's a bit of vanilla in the FO so I figured it will discolor as it cures.

Those look fantastic! Where does one get Wild Mountain Honey fragrance? I'm on the search for the perfect honey scent.

Those look lovely! I like to cure my salt bars at least 2 months but that's just personal preference. I think the lather is better after 2 months. I know other people say they only cure their batches for 4 weeks.

semplice said:
Those look fantastic! Where does one get Wild Mountain Honey fragrance? I'm on the search for the perfect honey scent.

I ordered it from Peaks...it smells amazing...used it in a few soaps but they aren't ready yet so I don't know how well it holds up...so far so good!!!

Latest posts

Back