My First Addition to the Soap Gallery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaimeM

Reaction score
Hi Soapy Pals! I've been so inspired by what you all are creating, so I thought it was only fair to share what I've been making too. This is what I've made this week:

My husband wanted a planet soap that used the Vanilla Oak FO. It went from trace to pudding in about 10 seconds, so it's not as swirly and awesome as I had wanted, but hey, I got the 'planets' suspended before it went completely solid... LOL!!!!
Outer+Space.jpg

This is my Queen Bee soap, which I used Milk & Honey FO to scent. It didn't gel and got a little crumbly when I cut it.
Queen+Bee.jpg

I'm still super new to soap making (6 weeks!) so I am excited when I make a project from a book and it turns out just like the pictures. So these are my versions of two of the soaps from Anne-Marie Faiola's Soap Crafting book...

Psychadelic Green Tea (mine is actually scented Lime Margarita FO! Ole!)
SC-PGT.jpg

And my first try at a Column Pour soap. It was so much fun!!! I am really pleased with how this one turned out. Black Raspberry Vanilla FO)
SC-CP.jpg

Thanks for looking!
xoxo Jaime

I would never have guessed you're so new to soap making! Ole indeed, fantastic job, they are all gorgeous! Many people can spend years and not make soap so pretty! Of course pretty is not the be-all and end-all for all soapmakers, many experienced soapers make superb soap, and pretty isn't as important to them. Personally, I love pretty AND superb, but that's just me. Arriba, arriba, show us some more!

wow you are a natural born beautiful soap maker..they all look fantastic..

Thank you so much! I am having so much fun experimenting and trying to learn everything I can about soap making! I wish I had discovered it years ago.

wow! you must be very artistic! I tried an "in the pot" swirl today, and it didn't turn out the way I had imagined it to turn out..... so yea...guess i'll be in the "I hate you" boat too. lol.

keep up the great work! I love the planets one!

I also love the planet soap...it looks time intensive. You are a natural. Keep posting pictures!

I love all of them too! But the planet soap is my favorite, it is so unique!

OMG have you set the bar high... I have my next few weeks work cut out for me if I'm going to impress anyone now. :p

No way!!! only 6 weeks OMG I'm in the 'I hate you' club too LOL They all look fantastic.

Fantastic! How did you make the planets? Did you use the already made soap and make the balls, or did you use a mold? I think it's beautiful! I can't wait to see what you can do in one year!

Latest posts

Back