Molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abby

Reaction score
are these molds? I made a lot of batches but this is the first time i had this. The yellow dots are saffron threads that was blended.

Can i still use it or i have to dispose them?

Attachments

• B3D40975-602E-425C-B4EF-432DF34E7EDB.jpeg
    B3D40975-602E-425C-B4EF-432DF34E7EDB.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 82
How old is this soap? Any chance the spots are saffron that just doesn't have a dark speck?
I used saffron once and the soap was very spotty.

Its could be DOS which is rancid spots, not mold. Its safe to use still but can become stinky. As long as the soap smells ok, I'd use it.

How old is this soap? Any chance the spots are saffron that just doesn't have a dark speck?
I used saffron once and the soap was very spotty.

Its could be DOS which is rancid spots, not mold. Its safe to use still but can become stinky. As long as the soap smells ok, I'd use it.
Hi. This a month old soap. The saffron i used looks like this so i think theres no chance it would have white speck. I have a strong feeling its molds but still hoping its not

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
Oh, I didn't even see the white spots. I doubt it's mold, soap isn't a very hospitable environment for mold.
Wash it off and see if it comes back. I bet its just some weird ash.
Ok will do that. Thank you ☺️ for your tiMe

Or it could be stearic spots from soaping cool.

If you want to avoid the orange spots I think you should soak the saffron in water or oil and then strain before use.

Latest posts

Back