Minimum time to rebatch soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjt123

Reaction score
I am going ahead with my experiment of making 100% CO and 100% OO soap and then rebatching them together. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help. What is the minimum time that I should let the soaps cure for before rebatching them? The CO soap will have a superfat of 20%. How much superfat would you recomend for the OO?

One more question. How long would it be best to let the completed soap cure for before using?

Last edited:
I still am not 100% sure what you mean or what you want to achieve, but there are those who won't have a clue what you mean as they haven't read your first post. Can you go back over the process and the expected result in full detail?

You can re-batch the soaps at any time once you've unmolded them. You don't need to wait for them to be cured.

If it were me, I would just superfat the Olive Oil soap to 5%.

Re: when to use the re-batched soap: You can use it at any time as long as there is no zap present, but it will still benefit greatly from a cure of at least 4 weeks.

IrishLass :)

Back