Mini blender for colours

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can only find one that is like a milk frother for cappuccinos. Is this the right sort? It is shaped like a ring at the end and has a spiral ‘whisk’ wrapped around the ring.
Bargain at $6.95 but will await confirmation from one of my learned friends on here. I don’t want frothy colours all over me or my kitchen!:eek:

I can only find one that is like a milk frother for cappuccinos. Is this the right sort? It is shaped like a ring at the end and has a spiral ‘whisk’ wrapped around the ring.
Bargain at $6.95 but will await confirmation from one of my learned friends on here. I don’t want frothy colours all over me or my kitchen!:eek:
Yes, the milk frothers work great for that. I use that or a mini paint mixer - let me find a link.

Like this one, even though I know you've said you can't get certain amazon things in NZ.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BROV02/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

If you mix it in a dixie cup or a deeper type of container it shouldn't fling colorant around.

IMG_1909.JPG I have one of these. If you really want to be noticed as a big spender there is one for $2.18, still with free shipping. Sure you have to wait a while, but maybe not so long to NZ. I've used AliExpress a good bit. The same one on Amazon is about 6 bucks
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1TdC1...dle-Stirrer-Practical-Kitchen.jpg_220x220.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these. If you really want to be noticed as a big spender there is one for $2.18, still with free shipping. Sure you have to wait a while, but maybe not so long to NZ. I've used AliExpress a good bit. The same one on Amazon is about 6 bucks.

View attachment 34800
Yes, that’s like the one I ordered Dennis. It was $NZ6.95 including shipping from China. That’s about $US4:50. From Banggood. No puns about the name please @Dean :-D

Yes, that’s like the one I ordered Dennis. It was $NZ6.95 including shipping from China. That’s about $US4:50. From Banggood. No puns about the name please @Dean :-D

Possibly not available for you but i found a seller selling a ikea milk frother on amazon for all of £2.50. Not sure how much they are from the ikea shop but it has been staamped with ikea and came in ikea packaging so would be worth a look online if you have a store nearby

Iv been mixing mine with oils from the recipe is it better to use glycerin?
I do the same - oils from my recipe. You can use glycerin but if it ends up being more than 1 percent of your recipe you have to include it on the label. Personally, I don't like using glycerin to mix my colorants. Just not my preference.

I do the same - oils from my recipe. You can use glycerin but if it ends up being more than 1 percent of your recipe you have to include it on the label. Personally, I don't like using glycerin to mix my colorants. Just not my preference.

So like alot of things its just personal preference which you do.

I have about 2 liters of glycerin so might just give it a try. And as far as labels go at the moment thats not an issue for me this is all or mostly trial and error phase. Labels would only go on if giving to certain people as gifts

So like alot of things its just personal preference which you do.

I have about 2 liters of glycerin so might just give it a try. And as far as labels go at the moment thats not an issue for me this is all or mostly trial and error phase. Labels would only go on if giving to certain people as gifts
And as for labels, I always forget how international this board is, and I was speaking for US label laws. I am certain from what I have read that the regulations in England are much different, so you can just disregard what I said earlier and go with what needs to be done in your country. LOL :)

Some colors don't seem to mix will with oil, and so far glycerin has worked for everything for me. And I personally don't like the idea of the colored part of the soap having more oil than the uncolored part. It works fine for lots of people - it's just kind of a mental hang-up I have.

I use glycerin for all of my oxides, ultramarines, and other pigments (haven't tried micas yet.) But I do make annatto infused oil for yellows, so I have to deal with adding a little more oil to yellow swirls. I try to use as little as possible of the infused oil to get the job done.

I have a Badger mini mixer and have tried it a number of times for mixing colorants into soap batter. I find it doesn't mix ultramarines and oxides into the batter nearly as well nor as quickly as I'd like. Maybe it works better with micas? I'd love to know. A quick buzz with my full size stick blender works good.

Latest posts

Back