May Challenge (Mica Outline Swirl)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Some of those entries are just beautiful. I wasn’t too interested in trying this technique, but the photos I just looked at have me thinking twice.

Way to go you creative soapers!!!

Good luck to everyone that entered. I enjoyed this challenge and will definitely use this technique again. Thank you amd for such an interesting challenge and one that I had never done before was a huge plus.

Entries are now closed! Beautiful work everyone - voting is going to be hard. PM with the voting survey will be going out tonight (I have a full schedule today until mid-afternoon, and than have to figure out how the survey works hahaha).

Wow, all the entries are beautiful. I was in the process of entering when I lost the internet, but I wanted to post my soap anyway, I had a lot of fun with this. I've already tried 4 different versions of this technique and I love all the different effects. This soap was scented with Rainbow Sherbet from Be Scented, smells delicious! The sherbet colors are mixes of micas from Micas and More, and their Gold Shimmer Mica for the mica in oil accent lines.
42288478462_bdd3139db7.jpg

(I'm not trying to get all fancy with the pics I'm learning and practicing for a future Etsy site for my switch plates.)
I even threw in a couple of hidden hearts, completely by accident of course.
42288480782_9d76b59b3a.jpg

I will have some more fun with this after I work on molds and piping and soap tops etc. etc. etc. :goodbye1:

Very pretty soap, scard. I'm so sorry you didn't get to enter it. I feel like I say this every month, but it is true - all the soaps entered (and those that were not entered but had pictures posted on this thread) are really outstanding. Beautiful work everyone!

I really enjoyed this technique, and will be using it again. Thanks amd, for the time and effort spent to bring this to us. :)

Thank you, but don't be, I just have fun trying. The cable was down for two days and maybe it's kind of a good thing cause I have also learned just how dependent I've become on technology, I think I have some changes to make. :eek: And yes this challenge was great fun, thank you amd! :thumbs:

I'm bummed you didn't get to enter scard, that soap is GORGEOUS! It really looks like rainbow sherbet too. I can smell it through my screen, lol. Speaking of gorgeous soaps, I just voted and boy was it tough! Everyone did such great work it was really difficult to decide. No matter where your soap places in the voting, you should all be very proud of your entries.:thumbs:

Wow, all the entries are beautiful. I was in the process of entering when I lost the internet, but I wanted to post my soap anyway, I had a lot of fun with this. I've already tried 4 different versions of this technique and I love all the different effects. This soap was scented with Rainbow Sherbet from Be Scented, smells delicious! The sherbet colors are mixes of micas from Micas and More, and their Gold Shimmer Mica for the mica in oil accent lines.
42288478462_bdd3139db7.jpg

(I'm not trying to get all fancy with the pics I'm learning and practicing for a future Etsy site for my switch plates.)
I even threw in a couple of hidden hearts, completely by accident of course.
42288480782_9d76b59b3a.jpg

I will have some more fun with this after I work on molds and piping and soap tops etc. etc. etc. :goodbye1:

Oh my! Scard - There is nothing that says Rainbow Sherbert more then this soap! I love it! And I bet it smells yummy! Sorry you didn't get to enter it. :(

I saw Scard's post with her non-entry... let me tell you, it was hard not adding it to the voting survey! That is a lovely soap. I am so glad I don't have to vote this month. I don't think I could pick three. I'll be checking the survey tonight - I know there is one person I need to get back to that the survey only let her vote for two, so I'll need to collect her third vote manually, if that's ok with everyone here that I do it that way. If you signed up for the challenge, regardless if you had an entry or not and didn't get the survey link, please let me know!

Thank you all for helping me through hosting my first challenge - I had lots of fun doing this. I'll be practicing my video techniques for the next time I host... as well as hoping the remedial calendar reading course I took sticks... :p

Love your Rainbow Sherbert, scard! Co-incidentally, granddaughter & I just bought some 'Rainbow Sherbert' from Baskin Robbins yesterday and scooped out a bit just half an hour ago. It was quite delicious and now I open up this thread and there is your luscious looking soap!

Thank you guys. MommyCarlson!!!! yay! Grats to all. It was terrible to have to pick, seriously guys. Amd, thank you so much for this challenge. You're awesome. I have to say that I plan to do this one again. Love it even though its a bit messy.

Wow! How awesome!! Thank you so much for acknowledging my entry. Congrats to dibbles, mommycarlson and serene and the other beautiful entries. I enjoyed the challenge and it is really an extra to be among your peers. Thank you Amd for this challenge. I have been soaping many years and had developed over the years much more patience in waiting to unmold and cut my soap. But frankly I could not wait to see what results this technique gave me. Each time I did it I could hardly wait to unmold it. I guess that really never goes away. lol

Last edited:
Thank you so much, guys. Congratulations to redhead - your soap was so stunning. Congrats to mommycarlson and Serene too - such beauties you both made. All the entries (and those that didn't quite make it to the entry thread) sure were eye candy.

Thank you amd!

Back