Massage/Lotion Bar Recipes - Experimental evening

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm testing out different massage bar recipes and currently have three different trial bars setting.

The first has cocoa butter, grape seed oil, vitamin E and e/o (I used a ylang ylang/patchouli/lavender blend)

The second has shea butter, bees wax, grape seed oil, vitamin E and a blend of bergamont, ylang ylang and cedarwood.

The third I split into two to try different scents. It is shea butter, cocoa butter, grape seed oil, bees wax, vitamin E and E/O. I am trying out a eucalptus, camphor and peppermint blend. I thought maybe this could replace a vicks vapour rub.

As they are sitting in the mold right now, it is clear those with beeswax set much more quickly. After a half hour, the recipe with only oil and cocoa butter hasn't even started to set. hmmm, will it?

I'm planning to try these out with my partner and maybe give friends a little sample to get some feedback. Let you know which fairs the best! If anyone has any other tried and true massage/lotion bar recipes I would love to try them. Thanks!

I'm planning on doing a massage bar for sore muscles using my Lip balm recipe: Bees wax, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil,shea butter.
Essential oils of Camphor,Ginger,Rosemary,Peppermint, Fennel,clove,sweet orange & Geranium.
We'll see how it goes.

Sounds lovely, let me know how it goes.

My recipes with beeswax worked out and the bergamont, atlas cedar wood and ylang ylang is really nice. The eucalptus, camphor and peppermint smells lovely too but I only put 2.5 ml, I think I would double that next time. The recipe (got it off this site) with one part Cocoa butter and one part oil did not set.

Has anyone tried a chocolate/cocoa butter massage bar? And if so, what measurements did you use? Cocoa powder (raw?) or a chocolate bar (dark 80%)?

Back