marijuana

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just soaped AHRE's Marijuana FO. I have a Vietnam vet hippie friend who has a medical marijuana license and I thought it might be fun.

Watch what you wish for. This smelled very strongly of smoke the day after when you really want to get it out of the curtains and can't. My husband was freaking out - what if the cops come?! (Doubtful, the smell was confined to the kitchen and the windows are closed). But still, I set the soap in the garage. Next day, the garage smelled. I double bagged it and threw the soap out (it was a small sample bar) in a public trash can so the cops wouldn't come to my house. :wink: It smelled a little too authentic. More to the point, I wouldn't want to smell like this fresh from the shower. I was kind of hoping for a sweet, in the bag, kind of smell. No dice.

PrairieCraft said:
I just soaped cannabis flower from NG. It does not smell like really strong skunk weed if that is what you're going for but it does have a sweet light smell that kind of smells like a fruity strain you might come across. To me it is a really nice scent that is kind of undefinable that my test sniffers like. I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes in a head shop.

i want to make some now, do you remember the scents name or is it just marijuana? lol

Krissy--It's called Cannabis Flower from NG. I really like it. I've been making a ton of little sample batches lately and this one ended up in my top 5 of about 50 FOs sampled. Two weeks into cure the scent is holding and smells lovely. It didn't discolor at all and it doesn't smell gross like something you wouldn't want to wash with. I would definitely go a full oz ppo. This one is hard to describe, it doesn't smell green or flowery to me like you would think, it's very unique. You could probably rename it to avoid offending someone but it would likely sell better as Kush or something like that. :wink:

PrairieCraft said:
Krissy--It's called Cannabis Flower from NG. I really like it. I've been making a ton of little sample batches lately and this one ended up in my top 5 of about 50 FOs sampled. Two weeks into cure the scent is holding and smells lovely. It didn't discolor at all and it doesn't smell gross like something you wouldn't want to wash with. I would definitely go a full oz ppo. This one is hard to describe, it doesn't smell green or flowery to me like you would think, it's very unique. You could probably rename it to avoid offending someone but it would likely sell better as Kush or something like that. :wink:

we have a place here that is very into the kind of stuff that promotes the green stuff, so i think they would like it. :D

Hi ya Kim!!!!
AHRE is Aroma Haven/Rustic Essentials. Sorry, don't know the link, just the name. :)

Little update:
I bought some marijuana scents from Save On Scents
I should have bought in the XC(extreme concentrates)
but if you mix 1 part skunk, 2 parts weed and 2 parts dried bud you get a scent that's pretty close to marijuana.
I myself bought SOS concentrates and they didn't stay very well, but left a pleasant very light cannabis scent.
Maybe after they've cured they'll smell better?..fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back