Has anyone tried Nurture's Kismet/Karma Dupe FO? Also ISO a good Pine FO/EO.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I visited Lush recently and really liked the Karma soap. I have Fragrance Buddy's Karma Dupe, Life Lesson. But to my nose Lush's version seems more forward on the lemongrass, and the elemi/pine notes seem to balance the patchouli in the blend differently. I tried blending FB's Avobath (a great lemongrass fragrance) separately with both their Life Lessons and Sun and Earth (another good patchouli based Fragrance Buddy FO) but my attempts are not working.

I looked at the reviews for the Nurture Karma dupe, Kismet, and thought that maybe that would be closer to the original. Does anyone know? I'd rather avoid placing a Nurture order just for a sample.

Would also be grateful for recommendations for a nice pine FO or EO for blending purposes.

I really like Karma too, and I have tried NS and FB dupes. I prefer FB, and I think the reason is the scent strength/retention. It’s been a very long time since I have had NS Kismet. I’m also not a big fan of lemongrass, so if that seems missing in the FB version, that might play into my preference as well. I have a friend who actually buys the Lush products, and the FB dupe seems to be close enough for her. Or maybe she just isn’t telling me it isn’t ;)

@dibbles, it is good to knw that NS Kismet isn't that strong/doesn't hold. I do like lemongrass, but won't buy an FO that I know won't hold, they're too expensive for that. I guess I will keep fiddling with the FB one. @Nona's Farm, are most Fir Needles about the same or is there a company that you'd recommend? I'm looking for crisp and evergreen but without the camphorous note that you sometimes find in other woody scents like cedarwood.

There are likely other companies with dupes of the fragrance out there. Try googling it. I try to avoid famous dupes because everyone does them.

@dibbles, it is good to knw that NS Kismet isn't that strong/doesn't hold. I do like lemongrass, but won't buy an FO that I know won't hold, they're too expensive for that. I guess I will keep fiddling with the FB one. @Nona's Farm, are most Fir Needles about the same or is there a company that you'd recommend? I'm looking for crisp and evergreen but without the camphorous note that you sometimes find in other woody scents like cedarwood.
I use the BB Fir Needle EO. It does have a tiny bit of a camphorous note, but not strong like cedarwood or lavender.
My Winter Holiday blend is loved by many and is 50% Fir Needle, 25% 10X Orange, and 25% Clove EOs. Not what you're aiming for here, but in case you purchase it and don't like it in your current blend, here is another use.

There are likely other companies with dupes of the fragrance out there. Try googling it. I try to avoid famous dupes because everyone does them.
Several companies do make a Karma dupe, but there aren't many reviews with many of them. The couple that do have a lot of reviews are Nurture and WSP, and Nurture has the best reviews. But that sticking thing is a big issue for me, I've been trying to buy only 8oz+ bottles of FOs I know are going to stick really well so that I don't place as many orders or waste so much money on little bottles of FO that I don't like.

@Nona'sFarm, thanks for the suggestion, that sound good. Also for the recipe, great fall/xmas mix.

Latest posts

Back