mango butter question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankmango

Reaction score
I am new to all of this.
I am attempting to make a batch of soap .Mango butter is one of the fats that I wish to use.This is my choice as mangos are in abundance where I live.
When I have researched Mango Butter on the internet the substance depicted is white in color.
The end product of my collecting and processing the mango seeds is a sand like color.
The subsequent mango butter is this sandy color also.
AmI doing something wrong?
The only things involved in my seeds to butter procedure are; mango seeds (not the husks)
A fruit dehydrator to dry them out and a mortar and pastle.

I've read that it is common to dry the whole seed, husk included, before taking the kern out and grinding that up with water. Not sure if it might change the colour.

I also had a quick look at the images for the butter and while some are very white, there are also a few creamy ones, too. Not quite "sandy" I would say, but not exactly stark white

I've read that it is common to dry the whole seed, husk included, before taking the kern out and grinding that up with water. Not sure if it might change the colour.

I also had a quick look at the images for the butter and while some are very white, there are also a few creamy ones, too. Not quite "sandy" I would say, but not exactly stark white

I scrubbed clean about 200 husks .I then sun dried them for about a week before I removed the Kern.

I scrubbed clean about 200 husks .I then sun dried them for about a week before I removed the Kern.

Ah, sorry, it's just that in the first post you spoke about it just being the kern not the husks and drying in a dehydrator, so I thought you de-husked and then dried.

How was the liquid? Also, was there anything in the containers/mortor&pestle that might have tainted the butter?

wow, you're making your own mango butter... that sounds amazing!

mine (i bought it from NDA) is cream in colour. i've purchased from them twice and both of them are the same colour.

Latest posts

Back