Mac Users

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue hill

Reaction score
Im trying to make some labels for soap bars ...have no idea how to do that on a mac. Does anyone have any ideas/ experience with this?

Labels

You can do it in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or Indesign. If you have those programs. They are quite complicated and expensive, though. Usually if you aren't a graphic designer or photographer you won't have them or know how to use them. If you have or can find a copy of "Appleworks" you can make them in there. Appleworks used to come with Mac computers.

I just started using Adobe Illustrator, and I really like it. I didn't find it too complicated, but then again I use photoshop a lot and they're similar. Photoshop took a little getting used to. I'd also suggest Appleworks if you're just doing simple stuff. Pages might be good too.

At the avery.com website you can download a free label template. I think it works far better for PCs, but I also use it on my MAC. I do find it kind of frustrating and limiting (I could do great things once I got used to the PC version), but it does ok for a free program.

Back