Amla Oil in soapcalc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBen

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how I could account for Amla Oil in Soapcalc? It doesn’t list it.
I’m messing around with a shampoo bar idea based on The Nerdy Farm Wife’s shampoo bar to include Amla Oil, I’d feel far more confident experimenting if I could plug it in to soapcalc.
Thanks,

Jenifer

Hi! I don't know how reliable it is, but this chart Saponification Chart shows amla oil as having a SAP value of 0.178.
Perhaps you could choose an oil with a similar value from soapcalc (I think palm kernel is pretty close), or add it manually to one of the calculators that allows that, or calculate it by hand (ha ha, my last choice!).

Hi! I don't know how reliable it is, but this chart Saponification Chart shows amla oil as having a SAP value of 0.178.
Perhaps you could choose an oil with a similar value from soapcalc (I think palm kernel is pretty close), or add it manually to one of the calculators that allows that, or calculate it by hand (ha ha, my last choice!).
Great idea, thanks. I was looking at From Nature With Love’s saponification chart and was trying to puzzle it out. Palm Kernel! I should’ve plugged that in.

Latest posts

Back