Site usability question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

As you know I'm a bit new here so I apologise if this is out of order. I love the content and interaction on the site. You guys are truly wonderful. However, I need some advice on the site itself. I use a Mac and Safari is my browser of choice. This may be the reason for the issue I'm experiencing. Rather than test all those other browsers, or even try my daughter's Windows machine (!!), I thought I could ask here.

My issue is that when reading posts the adverts on the right-side of the window obscure the alerts drop down making it unusable. Is this true for all browsers? Is it a setting thing? Any and all advice received with gratitude.

CleanShot 2023-08-17 at 11.19.52.png

I used to have that problem (mac user, safari browser) but at some point it stopped. I think someone told me how to stop it using something under settings? But I'm pretty sure i recall it was only an option if you are a paid-up member.

Hi Folks,

As you know I'm a bit new here so I apologise if this is out of order. I love the content and interaction on the site. You guys are truly wonderful. However, I need some advice on the site itself. I use a Mac and Safari is my browser of choice. This may be the reason for the issue I'm experiencing. Rather than test all those other browsers, or even try my daughter's Windows machine (!!), I thought I could ask here.

My issue is that when reading posts the adverts on the right-side of the window obscure the alerts drop down making it unusable. Is this true for all browsers? Is it a setting thing? Any and all advice received with gratitude.

View attachment 74155

Do you see the tiny blue X in the upper right corner? Have you tried clicking that?

Thanks Artemis, I did that but then Google just ask’s me “why this ad?” It seems, as a paid member,I can just turn the ads off. Shame really as I thought leaving them on might make the site a little more money. Just too annoying though. 😝😩😁

As a supporting member, you can turn off the advertisements. At the top of the screen, click on your avatar, then select Preferences. Find and check the box to disable advertising. With that box checked, as long as you are logged in, adverts will not appear. :)

View attachment 74159
Done! 🙏

Latest posts

Back