LYE, LYE, LYE <------- Anyone interested?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imblebee

Reaction score
I might have found a supply of Lye, would anyone be willing to split this with me? I live in 10019 and could ship all over the states (ground). Drop me a line if you're interested. Price is $2.00/lb + shipping.

I'd be interested in 20 pounds or so, I don't know how much you're getting, but I'm interested :) I'm in 17022 zip code, not sure how much shipping would be to here.

I'd be interested in 20 pounds or so, I don't know how much you're getting, but I'm interested Smile I'm in 17022 zip code, not sure how much shipping would be to here.

It says shipping would be roughly $14.66, not bad, I thought it would be higher!

Imblebee said:
I'd be interested in 20 pounds or so, I don't know how much you're getting, but I'm interested Smile I'm in 17022 zip code, not sure how much shipping would be to here.

It says shipping would be roughly $14.66, not bad, I thought it would be higher!

Not bad at all, I would definitely be interested in 20 pounds then :)

I'll figure out some details and see if the deal is going to go through. I will get back to you asap with the skinny.

Imblebee said:
I'll figure out some details and see if the deal is going to go through. I will get back to you asap with the skinny.

Sounds good, just keep me posted :)

I think you have to pay a hazmat fee when you ship lye. It's pretty expensive from what I remember. I suggest you check with UPS, USPS, and fedex on the regs to ship lye. Just FYI.

Shipping is covered as long as it's in properly sealed containers shipped ground to the 48 states. Up to one liter is allowed per canister and up to 30kgs=66lb can go in a box. So 20lb can be broken down to 10 * 2lb containers and shipped as ORM-D.

I am still waiting on word from the lye lady tho. ay.

I have been making phone calls locally. Under the "chemical" section in the yellow pages, I have found several sources of lye locally, and I don't live in an area that usually has anything out of the ordinary. Anyway, I just found it for .85 cents/lb, and I wonder if you might have some places locally if you make some phone calls?

Just a suggestion...

Hey carebear...long time no hear!

SimplyE said:
I have been making phone calls locally. Under the "chemical" section in the yellow pages, I have found several sources of lye locally, and I don't live in an area that usually has anything out of the ordinary. Anyway, I just found it for .85 cents/lb, and I wonder if you might have some places locally if you make some phone calls?

Just a suggestion...

GREAT Suggestion!

carebear said:
that's the same price as AAA chemicals http://www.aaa-chemicals.com/sodium-hydroxide.html which comes in those nifty 2# cannisters.
so I'd double check which has cheaper shipping.

I luv, luv, luv those 2# containers. When they are empty, I soak them in vinegar water, then wash them in hot, soapy water...then when they are dry, I pour oil in them from my gallon jugs, label and put them in the freezer. I need another freezer :lol:

Back