Love Spell VS Type

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moodymama

Reaction score
I bought 4oz of this from VA Candle Supply early on when I started soaping back in Nov. It was reasonably cheap just to have the one thing sent. My daughter loves this scent. It sticks well, it keeps the batter super fluid even to where I think it reverses trace. However I think it also has tendency to overheat. The first time I used it, I liked it and all was well. The second time, my batter overheated and some oil separated, I rebatched it. The third time, I didn't insulate as well and while it didn't overheat exactly, I did notice there were glycerin rivers. I try to avoid them when I can. All 3 were made different recipes and I did keep notes but I think I threw them out, so there's that. My daughter has asked me for more soap with this fragrances but between the 3 batches of soap and scenting some liquid soap I am out and looking to buy more, possibly form another vendor.

Which company do you like best for this fragrance, do you find the same qualities?

NG's Loving Spell (dupe of VS Love Spell) does great. Slows down trace, sticks well, and IME has never over heated. I've used Love Spell from 5-6 different suppliers, all have slowed down trace, none have caused overheating.
I think it might have been your recipes that caused the overheating, or the temp of soaping or some other factor instead of the FO itself.

Latest posts

Back