lotion for winter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manchy

Reaction score
i would like to start making lotions and creams, and thought maybe to start with a winter face lotion :D

this is what i came whit by far:

jojoba oil - nice, noncomedogenic oil, makes a waxy sheet over our face
castor oil - also noncom, thick - to give it a bit of that feel

palmarosa eo - retains humidity of the skin
rosewood eo - good for skin

now, i have doubts weather or not to include these oils:
avocado oil - rich in vitamins, slightly comedogenic, moisturizing
apricot kernel oil - similar

so, if i use them in a small amount it shouldn't be a big for problem if they're comedogenic? also, how much of castor oil would you suggest to use? how much would be too much?
p. s. i have mixed skin - normal, with bit oily t-zone, and little bit dry on the edges. in pms my pores become wider, otherwise they're normal. if that means anything..

yes it is.. now you have me wondering, why is mine so cheap (well, it's not super cheap, but cheaper than some i just googled)?? i guess the answer is obvious. besides, i used only 2g for 4 bottles of 100g lotion.

well, in the mean time, i've been a busy little bee - i made my first lotion! hooray :D
and i like it. it's exactly as i wanted it to be, nice balance of oil and water, sinks in well... i'm so happy :)

edited to add: well, of course i cannot judge for how it works protecting me from winter, we'll have to wait some more for that! :wink:

posting just to clarify. i'm aware that much more effective winter lotion than this could be made, but i wanted to make one without animal products and without comedogenic oils or butters, but still make it thick and protective.
i ended up using jojoba, castor and avocado.

Latest posts

Back