Lotion bar packaging poll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Tins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twist-up tubes/Push-up tubes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LJA

Reaction score
Topcat asked me to post a poll on this so here goes...

Which do you prefer? Packaging lotion bars in twist-up/push-up tubes or tins?

I voted twist/push because it seems they might be less messy. However, I am also the one who posted the twist up tube problem, so who the he!! knows! :shock:

I voted tins because you can rub it in between your hands and use it as a massage bar. Kinda difficult to do that with a push up tube.

I vote tins , because you can offer refills at a small cost to the customer , and you are not adding to the landfills. My testers all wanted tins and low cost refills ,and the tin takes less room in a pocket of a uniform or purse. You can make a ton of scents very inexpensively and people can try them all.It is easy to pop the tart out ,wrap it and try another scent.

Kitn

Kitn said:
I vote tins , because you can offer refills at a small cost to the customer , and you are not adding to the landfills. My testers all wanted tins and low cost refills ,and the tin takes less room in a pocket of a uniform or purse. You can make a ton of scents very inexpensively and people can try them all.It is easy to pop the tart out ,wrap it and try another scent.

Kitn

Just out of curiosity, how do you price the refills, Kitn - and how do you package it? Shrink wrapped? That IS a really good idea.

push up tube, please. Just too many contaminates out that our hands are constantly subjected to.....

x

:D push up tube, plz!

as a driver a tin in the truck attracts dust, grit and puppy hair. i've had to throw 2 tins away because of "foreign objects".

also, with a push up tube while driving i can apply it without getting my hands greasy and the steering wheel, too.

LJA said:
Kitn said:

Kitn

Just out of curiosity, how do you price the refills, Kitn - and how do you package it? Shrink wrapped? That IS a really good idea.

I do shrink wrap . The 1.5oz tarts cost 26 cents to make unscented and the 2oz tins were 51 cents a piece. I would charge $6.00 for a tinned tart and $2.00 for a plain tart and up to $2.50 for a scented tart .I have seen the homemade 1.5 to 2 oz tarts priced up to $19.99 and the twist tubes up to $24.95, that is so totally ridiculous to me , there are no indgredients in the mix that justify that cost . My pricing reflects that I do want to make a fair profit and hopefully sell more and make more profit kwim.

Kitn

Kitn

I love the twist-up tubes. I don't like greasy hands.
I keep one next to my bed. I have dry skin so when
I turn in for the night, I run it over my face and arms.
Yumm- cocoa butter!

Latest posts

Back