Assigning kraft packaging to product types

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garden Gives Me Joy

Reaction score
This image shows the eco-friendly packaging options currently available to me for deodorants, body lotions< facial serum and lip balms.

Would be happy for suggestions and advice regarding the containers that best suit these specific product types. All of these tubes have push up mechanisms.

Attachments

• containers - otion bars, lip balms, deodorants, etc.jpg
    containers - otion bars, lip balms, deodorants, etc.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Cool.

Can you order samples to test out before you commit to a larger order? I recall someone here had some experience with the paper lip balm tubes (maybe @cmzaha, but maybe someone else) & I think there was some concern about it becoming greasy over time. Depending on formula & environment, it would be a considertion.

But in spite of that, I think I'd try B & D for deodorant, and for a solid body lotion, I'd probably choose B. Still I'd want to test them in standard use situations over the life of the product to see how they hold up over time (for me that would mean the life of the product). Deodorant packaging creates a lot of long-lasting waste & it would be nice to see more products sold in containers that are bio-degradable, but durable for the life of the product.

Regarding the lip balm tubes. I don't see much difference other than one is about an inch longer/taller. I'd probably go with the shorter one, but I'd probably try out both to be sure.

I bought some Native deodorant in a tube like this and when it came I couldn't push it up at all. It was just totally stuck. I called the company and they sent me a new one, that does work fine, but I don't know whether I would feel confident that it wouldn't happen again, which is why I haven't purchased the tubes to make lotion bars or deodorant that I sell.

When that type container was first offered I took one look at them, noted the cost, and passed. I'm all for "eco-friendly" but it needs to also be "user-friendly" and "wallet-friendly" too -- at least for me.

Aesthetics-wise, I've never cared much for the Kraft paper look. It's somewhat attractive in a rustic display but really too "blah" for my taste. Think "wallflower" vs. "lady in red dress".

I wish I could be more help. :(

Latest posts

Back