Looking for Chantilly.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1pro

Reaction score
Hi,

One of my goals for Christmas is to make some homemade Chantilly scented soap for my aunt. She has used Chantilly all her life and I'm sure she would appreciate homemade soap in that scent. I have searched, but I can't find a fragrance oil supposedly mocking that smell. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a source? Or, does anyone know of a differently named fragrance from somewhere that might smell similar? I'm sure "Chantilly-ish" would be good enough if there is no actual oil simulating the original scent. I know the scent is not popular anymore, but it would mean a lot to me if I could find something at least similar.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, SunRiseArts. I too can't find a way to buy it on Save on Scents... they don't seem to really have it. While Simplygoodstuff has it, I'm not sure I'm comfortable using anything that doesn't give IFRA Maximum Skin Exposure Levels and such.

I'm thinking I may need to ask if anyone has an opinion on a similar smelling scent - at least something that I can have actual safety data on...

Though, I've often wondered how many Etsy and craft fair sellers use whatever they want, safety facts unknown, but that's a topic for another thread. :)

Latest posts

Back