Looking for a Class ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippiefrog

Reaction score
I live in Central Florida and looking for a soap making class. As of now, I've only made melt & pour soaps and looking to expand my knowledge and skills. Can anyone recommend classes? Willing to travel around Florida (within reason). Thanks!!!

What they all said.

I just made my second HP batch. Used just the recipe I had and knowledge gained from SMF and the internet and watching You Tube videos [some better than others].

Failed several times when I tried to make soap a few years ago, but came back to it. Many more resources out there today and better molds, etc.

Personally, the first times I had to restrain myself from adding colorants, ingredients, panicking [must get to trace, must get to trace, lye burns and can blind you etc] and making huge batches or else all that effort wouldn't count.

After watching the processes and seeing the relaxed pace, the techniques, rational safety precautions taken it's actually been fun instead of stressful. And I've produced solid C Grade [IMHO] efforts since coming back to it.

You can absolutely do this without a class. Your own kitchen is your classroom.

I made the leap from melt and pour to cp and hp by reading a bunch of books on kindle unlimited and watching instructional videos. Not the ones that make it pretty (love those too) but instructional videos. I tried HP the day after CP and Shalebrook Handcrafted Soap was so helpful. I commented on her videos and she reached out to me, answered questions and basically guided me through my first batch. It turned out terrific! I am in love with HP.

Where are you in central Florida? I live in Crystal River November- April. It's not a class, but if you're close by we could get together for a soap day if you'd like.

Back