LiquaScents ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefarmerdaughter

Reaction score
What's the deal with this company? Has anyone ordered from them? are any of their FO's skin safe? MSDS only on request and only on some of them. There prices are kinda low. The only fo usage rate I could find was for Black Raspberry Vanilla and it was 25% !? if I'm reading it right...

Product Description
A wonderful blend of sun-ripened blackberries and creamy smooth vanilla. Smells good enough to eat!

9% Leave on, 25% Wash off

http://www.liquascent.com/

I've never heard of them. Prices look similar to places like Nature's Garden, Peak & AH/RE.
It looks like for the usage rate, they're listing the IFRA safe rates and not suggested usage rates from their own testing of products.

I'm confused. What's a IFRA usage rate, and how does it compare to a product's usage rate? I thought they were the same. or nearly the same. not the difference of 20% or more.
I find the site confusing. Not marking anything as skin safe, but listing a usage rate? Maybe they have just started, and aren't finished with product descriptions....?

IFRA is International Fragrance Association. Its the organization that determines the safe limit of use for each fragrance. There's a difference between the skin safe amount and the recommended amount for specific categories of products.

5% rate is 0.8 oz ppo. 6% is right at 1oz ppo.

For example: NG recommends 5% for soap for Misbehavin'. If you go to the bottom of the FO information page and click on the MSDS/IFRA Certs, the Category 9 (which is wash off products like soap), the max is 25%. Liquid soap and shower gels only need a 1% - 2% fragrance load. Category 4 is leave on stuff like lotions, also 25%, but you wouldn't want THAT strong, right?

Did you ever get a reply from them? I just saw someone else asking about them on FB.

Unfortunately no. 2 emails, no reply...:confused: I was willing to give them a try, if they would just confirm the skin safe scents. The site's not user friendly for soap makers. IMO. If all I made was candles I probably wouldn't have issue with it.

Back