Lip Scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna75126

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for lip sugar scrub? Would you just use oil and sugar and maybe some EO? Would food coloring be ok to add to it?

Thank you
Donna

The only scrubbing I've done has been with a wash cloth in the shower :( I am starting to learn about making sugar scrubs but off the top of my head I'd make a scrub like that the "runny" kind with more oil then sugar so your specialty oils can do a great job without the sugar being too rough on the delicate skin of your lips. Oh and avoid essential oils that are photosensitizers or eo's that are irritants/make you more likely to break out in a rash.

Other then that the Teach Soap site has several kinds of scrub recipes, don't remember any being specifically for the lips though. HTH

ETA: If you tried doing a search for it here and came up with nothing maybe try Google. I just tried Google and tons of recipes came up. Maybe one of those would work?

You can do a lip balm recipe and add sugar for tubes. How much sugar is up to you. I would not use food coloring in them... might stain your lips/face?

Or you can just do a plain liquid oil + sugar if you are keeping it in pots.
Be careful not to get this wet, aka put your wet fingers into it while in the shower.

I would also be really careful with which eo's you choose to use and the amount. Keep it very low. You can use flavor oils too.

ETA: If you are looking to make one like Lush's, all they use is sugar, jojoba oil and flavor (and in the bubble gum, I think a D&C colorant?)

Are flavor oils pretty easy to find? And is D&C colorant safe to where if I wanted to use it in bath scrubs it would not stain the tub

donna75126 said:
Are flavor oils pretty easy to find? And is D&C colorant safe to where if I wanted to use it in bath scrubs it would not stain the tub

Flavor oils are easy to find online at most of your regular soaping/bath and body suppliers... I don't know about FD&C colorants, I haven't used them.

Thank you for the website.. It is just what I was looking for. Could you use candy flavoring oils?

Had a question about lip scrubs, so I thought I'd revive this thread. Does anyone have advice on how to make a scrub in a lip balm tube? I can't figure out how to get it in there without the sugar dissolving. Thanks!

Back