Life Moves FAST !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarad

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was trying to move some soap and lotion overstock ( read : the house was overflowing had to find someone, anyone, to give some to ) so I whipped up a pretty gift basket and headed out the door to one of the neighbors a few doors down to offer up my wares to the wife.

Her hubby answers the door and she's not home, so I give him the basket and ask him to give it to her. I tell him that I make the goodies found in the basket and I was just handing some out to neighbors since I have so much floating around the house.

One thing leads to another while we're talking and at the end of a 10 minute conversation he has offered me a wonderful storefront in town where we live at an unbelievably sweet rental price per month.

Here we are about 3 weeks later.....

I am now the proud owner of an upscale, artisan boutique ! I just finalized the deal with him about what work he'll do to the property and what work I'll do to it before opening in about the end of June.

I've all ready lined up handmade candles, handmade and handpainted furniture, beautiful hand sewn handbags, iron and metal sculptures and home decor, in addition to my B&B stuff, and a manicurist who will be subletting space from me. I'm still looking for someone who does handmade jewelry before opening but I'm so darn excited I can barely function LOL

RHONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you! Isn't just wonderful when things fall into your lap? And you so deserve it! Super congrats lady!

Lindy said:
RHONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting for you! Isn't just wonderful when things fall into your lap? And you so deserve it! Super congrats lady!

I can't wait to get inside and start redecorating/remodeling. He's doing the big stuff this week. Knocking out a few walls for me, etc. Once that's done I get to go in and do the rest myself so it's exactly the way I want it. Since I'm doing most of the remodel work, he gave me a rent discount for the first year so I'm getting the store for next to nothing really for 12 months.

I was hesitant at first to do this with the economy the way it is, but with the rent discount for a year, it was too hard to pass up and hubby and I can carry the extra expense if it takes a little time to start making money yanno :)

Congratulations :!: That is super news Rhonda , sounds very exciting . I can imagine you are over the moon , and boy are you ever organized . Wishing you much success with your new venture. :D

WOW!
That is so fantastic!! Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you! You'll have to post pics of the shop once you've put your loving touch on it!

*sending you prosperous vibes*

That is just so perfectly wonderful Rhonda!!! Serendipitous in the extreme too :shock: How awesome not only for you but for the other suppliers of wares you will be showcasing .....congratulations!!!

Tanya :D

That's amazing! I can't wait to see pics of the shop!

Latest posts

Back