Have Faith, New Soapers. There are Angels out there. I’ve seen one!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pen blank is awesome!! You'll have to show the finished pen to us before you gift it. :)

Congratulations, that was a nice free load of goodies. I have also been lucky to have the same thing happen a few times.

The pen blank is beautiful and I bet she will love it. She can use it at school!!

Okay, I'm a sticky beak ....................... 'back to school for and currently working in the general field of ...........' WHAT?
She'll love the pen!

It’s medical related. I don’t remember the actual field but she’s currently an EMT.

Also, I found out she likes pens, and since my other hobby is penmaking, I decided to make her a pen. She had mentioned she likes pink, green and purple, similar colors to the Northern Lights. I found a pen blank that matches what she wants and it’s currently being shipped to me.

View attachment 37150
That is GORGEOUS!!!
Please post a pic once you've turned it :)
And what an awesome haul!

Janelle

I love this post. She didn’t want the stuff and could have just tossed it or given it to goodwill or something but she took the time to get it into the hands of people who would appreciate it and use it. What a lovely human. I love that you are taking the time to make her a custom pen, too. Just kindness all around. Thanks for sharing.

I love this post. She didn’t want the stuff and could have just tossed it or given it to goodwill or something but she took the time to get it into the hands of people who would appreciate it and use it. What a lovely human. I love that you are taking the time to make her a custom pen, too. Just kindness all around. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Fellow San Jose resident! lol

Definitely. I always try to pay it forward whenever I can, but I’ve never been able to pay it forward this grand. Someday I hope to be able to.

Also, I found out she likes pens, and since my other hobby is penmaking, I decided to make her a pen. She had mentioned she likes pink, green and purple, similar colors to the Northern Lights. I found a pen blank that matches what she wants and it’s currently being shipped to me.

View attachment 37150

lol.... your expectation vs my reality: View attachment 37151

mmmmmmmmmm yummy
great expectations
am a mimoa groupie

Look in the mirror HH, because I bet this woman might also call you an angel. She gave up something she loved and all it’s accoutrements to someone who truly appreciated them. As grateful as you are to receive, she was likely as grateful they went to a deserving home. (And your gratitude is obvious since you took such consideration in posting the story. I’m sure she could sense your gratitude in person)

Btw, have you ever been to the Winchester House. I’m at the opposite end of CA and it was a childhood dream to visit the house I only read about. But I hear now that the tour isn’t worth it?

Are there any Redwoods or Sequoias near you?

Look in the mirror HH, because I bet this woman might also call you an angel. She gave up something she loved and all it’s accoutrements to someone who truly appreciated them. As grateful as you are to receive, she was likely as grateful they went to a deserving home. (And your gratitude is obvious since you took such consideration in posting the story. I’m sure she could sense your gratitude in person)

Btw, have you ever been to the Winchester House. I’m at the opposite end of CA and it was a childhood dream to visit the house I only read about. But I hear now that the tour isn’t worth it?

Are there any Redwoods or Sequoias near you?

I’ve been thinking a lot about her act of kindness and how, given her circumstances, maybe she feels I was helping her more than she helped me. Promised myself to put her stuff to good use, in honor of her.

I just recently went to the Winchester House. It’s an interesting tour but definitely not all it’s hyped up to be (and I LOVE haunted houses and architecture and general construction). Definitely worth going once, the most basic tour because anything more is just a waste of money.

There are some redwoods nearby, but not near enough to go see on a daily basis. I did a road trip after my summer in Alaska, we drove from Seattle to San Jose, taking route 101 and driving through the redwoods. Even stopped in the national park and drove THROUGH one of the trees. It was amazing! Never would I have imagined a local boy from Hawaii would experience such an amazing thing like that.

Latest posts

Back