lets see your labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad spelling is another thing that irks me.

It's not fair - but a lot of people are like that. If I see mismatched things, I think "Really, you couldn't just move that over a bit? What else did you just accept as is?"

And when I see Comic Sans, I think "Of all the thousands of fonts available....."
Yes, yes, and yes! The font really gets me. I realize not everyone is into graphic design type stuff, but oh my goodness if you're going to choose a font, Comic Sans is RARELY the right one for the job.

Besides making the soap, marketing and design is a lot of fun. Here's a few pics, still working on the website, but have packaging, banners, and design completed.

image.jpg

Besides making the soap, marketing and design is a lot of fun. Here's a few pics, still working on the website, but have packaging, banners, and design completed.

Fantastic packaging and logo design. Great job! I like goats as well...

Here is our soap packaging at this point. The twine on this picture is jute grass, we have switched it over to hemp. The hemp twine is much cleaner looking and much thinner. We are still trying to figure out what we want to do with it all. Package and design are fun at times, but can be tiring.

package.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Wow, I really like your website. Descriptions and names of the soaps are very inviting. Also saw that you cure for 60 days. Wish I could do that, but there usually out the door and to a display after 5 weeks. I run fans and dehumidifier 24/7. I need to make bigger batches.

Thank you! The site is a work in progress, it gets a little better all the time. We plan to do some 4-6+ month cure bars at some point, we just need to expand our cure racks.

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't get the name myself. Scapegoat or escaped goat, but escape goat.......?

Just my interpretation of the name. Wanting to meld the idea's of "escape", like escape from the stress. And the term scape goat, Combined with a play on the words, becomes escapegoat.

Just a funny little play on words to make people think. Good marketing technique. :)

Or who knows, maybe they just have a goat that gets out of it's pen all the time, like a Houdini goat, and I'm just reading too much into it. Either way, they got me thinking and grabbed my attention.

Yes, it's a play on words, that throughout time has been used improperly. Also, goats are escape artists, always finding weaknesses in the fence and escaping. Escape just sounds better than escaped IMO. Escape to the bath or shower. Escape from the long hard day. Escape into the night lol.

Yes, it's a play on words, that throughout time has been used improperly. Also, goats are escape artists, always finding weaknesses in the fence and escaping. Escape just sounds better than escaped IMO. Escape to the bath or shower. Escape from the long hard day. Escape into the night lol.

Again, I think it's a brilliant name. Anything that grabs attention or makes a person look at the label twice is what marketing is all about. Nice job.

Not to mention it beats the heck out of goat soap. :)

Yes, it's a play on words, that throughout time has been used improperly.............

That is unfortunately how I see it when I look at it - which when we have been talking about how spelling and grammar mistakes cause us to look at labels for all the wrong reasons, I think that I get that reaction from the "escape goat" thing, with no indication in the branding that it IS a play on words, such as a difference in the 'e' from the rest of the text

That is unfortunately how I see it when I look at it - which when we have been talking about how spelling and grammar mistakes cause us to look at labels for all the wrong reasons, I think that I get that reaction from the "escape goat" thing, with no indication in the branding that it IS a play on words, such as a difference in the 'e' from the rest of the text

I get what your saying and respect your opinion, but I think your in the minority. You say no indication in the branding of the escape goat thing? Lol, the picture on the label is a goat jumping out of a tub basin. You know escaping the tub. Hate to pat myself on the back, but I'm going with pure marketing genius. Here's another example of how small word marketing is effective.

"Naturally Handmade" Notice in the banner how I'm not using the over stated "all natural soap" I am being more open with my statement, leaving judgement to the potential consumer.

"Treat yourself" you have worked hard for your money. Buying this soap is treating yourself or a friend. It's telling the consumer they deserve it, so go ahead.

image.jpg

I hope I am!

On the bigger image it is more clear (also when you say it) that it is jumping out of the tub. On the small ones it was not overly clear - could also be a goat just splashing in a tub.

I'm not sure that I should comment on the other two phrases though, unless you really want me to do so.

I hope I am!

On the bigger image it is more clear (also when you say it) that it is jumping out of the tub. On the small ones it was not overly clear - could also be a goat just splashing in a tub.

I'm not sure that I should comment on the other two phrases though, unless you really want me to do so.

By all means please do. What's your take?

I think that using natural as a term is fluffy as it is, but what does 'naturally handmade' mean? How can it be naturally handmade?

Treat yourself can be a winner, but it can also take it away from being a regular use product which might not be the aim. Is it a treat, or a treat for everyday? Making every bath time a treat? There is a difference in where it leads, as a treat is not something that you always have (or then it is no longer a treat!)

Back