Wrapped or Unwrapped?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a fabulous idea. Do you stick the label on and then punch the whole in the glassine and label?

I don't do craft shows or sell, but I like to package my soaps as nicely (and economically) as I can because I do a lot of gifting locally and also by mail for my out-of-town friends/relatives.

I used to use French Fry bags and colorful ribbons back when I first started out, but now I use 9" x 12" sheets of white, grease-resistant, paper sandwich wrap (think glassine-type paper).

I can buy a 1,000-count package of them for about $8.00 at my local Smart & Final. One sheet cut in half will wrap 2 of my bars perfectly, so I'm really getting double for my money.

And with my handy, decorative scrapbooking punch for a pretty scent/ventilation-hole, some double-sided tape, Microsoft Publisher, and 8 x 11 full label sheets, I'm good to go.

My label designs are usually more colorful and imaginative than what you see below, but I quickly threw something generic together just to give you the basic idea of my labeling/wrapping technique:

IMG_0189WhiteMusk2010ACropped.JPG

IrishLass :)

Thank you for the link!! That is a good price and yes you are right about the foodsaver, I actually tried it and it does seal, but it's not quite hot enough, so it's a guessing game on how long to leave it on once the light goes out signaling that it should be done.

Latest posts

Back