Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good News: my herbal dragons blood soap smells great!

Bad News: it smells like a cinnamon spice cake and looks like a brownie and the hubby says he almost ate it but I seem to be missing my smallest piece.........

Bad news, woke up with a headache and it lasted all day (and still there)
Good news, the neighbors from across the way brought us over a big basket of veggies from their fields.

Bad news : I was on my way out to go to the Gym, then didn't.

Good News: Because I decided to work a little on a fence issue. Got sweaty in the hot sun and played with the chickies. So I think it was like the gym just different ;)

Good news: I have decided to get in shape and lose weight.
Bad news: husband brought home pizza,potato wedges and cinnamon sticks with frosting :hairpulling:

good news-i reorganized my soap room and found wasted space i can now use for a new storage shelf
bad news- im fighting with my depression really bad this week and am having a family fight as well i just want to make soap but am out of lye :(

Good news: I have decided to get in shape and lose weight.
Bad news: husband brought home pizza,potato wedges and cinnamon sticks with frosting :hairpulling:

Small changes. I lost 25lbs in the past 9 months by just focusing on the small. I started by quitting caffeinated soda (I had a bad caffeine addiction) then when I started seeing a plateau in the weight loss I picked another habit to adjust. Enjoy your pizza and maybe think about not having the soda/beer with it to offset things. Things go so much smoother if you make lifestyle changes instead of cutting everything at once

good news-i reorganized my soap room and found wasted space i can now use for a new storage shelf
bad news- im fighting with my depression really bad this week and am having a family fight as well i just want to make soap but am out of lye :(

Take care of yourself, it sounds like a lot going on at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news: I was on stay-cation all last week.

Bad news: I didn't get anything done and am back to work today...putting in a 10 hour day because I have no back up and spent 3 hours training new people and an hour in a meeting... and my to do list is still waiting for me at home.

Small changes. I lost 25lbs in the past 9 months by just focusing on the small. I started by quitting caffeinated soda (I had a bad caffeine addiction) then when I started seeing a plateau in the weight loss I picked another habit to adjust. Enjoy your pizza and maybe think about not having the soda/beer with it to offset things. Things go so much smoother if you make lifestyle changes instead of cutting everything at once
I'm addicted to pepsi and trying to quit soda is hard so I'm cutting back on the junky food with the hope of later cutting it out one by one.

Bad News - I have tinnitus ( hissing noise in my ear ) for the last 4 years. It changes in pitch depending on whats happening in my life. ie - Stress etc. When I try to put it out of my mind and get busy doing things I can deal with it. Wellllllll last night around 11:30 when I was getting ready for bed it started to sound very loud to me and it was. Louder then it has ever been and it frightened me. It was so loud I couldnt even hear the TV without turning it way up. Which of course started a panic attack and I'm alone. ( well my 2 dogs that could care less were here lol ) I have a BF for the past 11 years but we do not live together as I like it like that. I wanted to call him or my 3 sons who are married and do not live far - but I didn't want to disturb their sleep. So I sat here for 4 hours frightened and sometimes tearful until I finally fell asleep . I was so worried that this loudness was going to be the new "normal" sound and would I hear it at this volume when I woke up in the morning,

Good News - I woke up and it was back to its normal annoying lower more tolerable pitch.

Side note - I'm a very strong woman, who has endured many things. But this disorder is not for "Pu**y's!

Good news... we're doing well at the market. Sales are growing, the venue is great, fellow vendors are awesome. Trin (my granddaughter) and I love it!

Bad news... we're not inputting all the transactions into Square so my inventory is way out! We're going to have to have a chat.

Good news, I finished painting one bathroom today!
Bad news, I hate the color combo (after the fact) and will be redoing the trim & vanity over tomorrow....pastel on pastel ugh lol

To lose weight quicker/better try this.

Cut ALL sugar drinks, try cranberry (not sweetened) or other natural juices, Hot or Cold Tea not sweetened. There are a lot that are a bit sweeter in nature. I think Hot tea works better for the internal system but it is Summer so... For GOD SAKE NO SWEET TEA that they have down South. Holy Moly that is like drinking a pound of sugar !

Cut ALL chips/snack that are in that category. If you HAVE TO SNACK, try Plain Popcorn from an Air-popper, NO Microwave popcorn. Or rice cakes with a THIN layer of natural PB ( good for a night time snack, PB helps keep the sugar up through the night. DD is hypoglycemic and this helps at night for the morning.

Eat ONLY 3 GOOD meals a day, don't miss any, and make it healthy good things. Pizza is ok on say Friday or Saturday as a Lunch but that's it. Try Oatmeal for the morning, it is fast, filling and will help keep your Blood Sugar up throughout the day. You can add a LITTLE brown sugar and some fresh fruit to make it yummy.

Take a LONG Walk Every night or morning, like 40 min to 1 hr. Get the fresh air, don't rush just walk, walk faster as time goes on. If you have someone to do it WITH you even BETTER !
If you have a Planet Fitness (or similar) try it. $10 a month (once a year it's like $40 or 50 payment). Just go and walk on the treadmill if you can't get outside (Winter/Hot Summer). That is all I did for a year just to get Moving. I am now this week doing abs and back which I NEED to get fit on for my Sciatica . I do the $21 a month as they have a massage chair and water massage bed I use after workout there... so worth it just for the water massage bed on my sciatica when it hurts, even if I can't work out.

Do 5 only of each (either before bed or in the AM) sit ups, 'girl knee' push ups, leg lifts. If you can do more great but keep it simple for a while of 5 each JUST to get in the habit of doing it every day !

What this all does is Breaks the Bad Habits with repetition to good choices and cutting the bad cold turkey.

If you can't do it cold turkey then you are not invested in it and you will quit and not lose anything or go right back to the bad ways.

@redhead1226 I can't think of the herb that might help with this, but search for it. Also try Acupuncture, believe it will work and go. I had a friends DD tried this and she had hope that it would help. IT DID, she was so happy, it also helped with her Depression too - I think because of the new out look of no ringing :) If you go in saying it won't work, it won't. That goes with everything, but Acupuncture works for so many things. My Sciatica too ! I refuse to take pain meds.
I'm going to be talking to my DD about this to help with her Focus issue she says she has, and hopefully help with depression too.

OHHHHH almost forgot ;)

Bad news: Fickin Cat wakes me at 3am with a live mouse and then proceeds to play with it on the way down the stairs till it goes behind the couch... MY Leather Couch, NOT my DD's crappy falling apart couch that she won't let me toss out ! :hairpulling: I have Cats (obviously) so I can't put poison down.

GOOD NEWS : I have an electric Rat Zapper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRR9RR6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
So I put that under my couch, it is a recliner so there is loads of room under it for this). Cats can't get to it and it will Beep when it gets something. I just unplug and tilt into Outside trashcan. No touching cute little field mouse.
I do like little field mice, they have adorable eyes, just not in my house. I already know they are in the walls/attic

WOW that was long, sorry

To lose weight quicker/better try this.

Cut ALL sugar drinks, try cranberry (not sweetened) or other natural juices, Hot or Cold Tea not sweetened. There are a lot that are a bit sweeter in nature. I think Hot tea works better for the internal system but it is Summer so... For GOD SAKE NO SWEET TEA that they have down South. Holy Moly that is like drinking a pound of sugar !

Cut ALL chips/snack that are in that category. If you HAVE TO SNACK, try Plain Popcorn from an Air-popper, NO Microwave popcorn. Or rice cakes with a THIN layer of natural PB ( good for a night time snack, PB helps keep the sugar up through the night. DD is hypoglycemic and this helps at night for the morning.

Eat ONLY 3 GOOD meals a day, don't miss any, and make it healthy good things. Pizza is ok on say Friday or Saturday as a Lunch but that's it. Try Oatmeal for the morning, it is fast, filling and will help keep your Blood Sugar up throughout the day. You can add a LITTLE brown sugar and some fresh fruit to make it yummy.

Take a LONG Walk Every night or morning, like 40 min to 1 hr. Get the fresh air, don't rush just walk, walk faster as time goes on. If you have someone to do it WITH you even BETTER !
If you have a Planet Fitness (or similar) try it. $10 a month (once a year it's like $40 or 50 payment). Just go and walk on the treadmill if you can't get outside (Winter/Hot Summer). That is all I did for a year just to get Moving. I am now this week doing abs and back which I NEED to get fit on for my Sciatica . I do the $21 a month as they have a massage chair and water massage bed I use after workout there... so worth it just for the water massage bed on my sciatica when it hurts, even if I can't work out.

Do 5 only of each (either before bed or in the AM) sit ups, 'girl knee' push ups, leg lifts. If you can do more great but keep it simple for a while of 5 each JUST to get in the habit of doing it every day !

What this all does is Breaks the Bad Habits with repetition to good choices and cutting the bad cold turkey.

If you can't do it cold turkey then you are not invested in it and you will quit and not lose anything or go right back to the bad ways.

@redhead1226 I can't think of the herb that might help with this, but search for it. Also try Acupuncture, believe it will work and go. I had a friends DD tried this and she had hope that it would help. IT DID, she was so happy, it also helped with her Depression too - I think because of the new out look of no ringing :) If you go in saying it won't work, it won't. That goes with everything, but Acupuncture works for so many things. My Sciatica too ! I refuse to take pain meds.
I'm going to be talking to my DD about this to help with her Focus issue she says she has, and hopefully help with depression too.

OHHHHH almost forgot ;)

Bad news: Fickin Cat wakes me at 3am with a live mouse and then proceeds to play with it on the way down the stairs till it goes behind the couch... MY Leather Couch, NOT my DD's crappy falling apart couch that she won't let me toss out ! :hairpulling: I have Cats (obviously) so I can't put poison down.

GOOD NEWS : I have an electric Rat Zapper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRR9RR6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
So I put that under my couch, it is a recliner so there is loads of room under it for this). Cats can't get to it and it will Beep when it gets something. I just unplug and tilt into Outside trashcan. No touching cute little field mouse.
I do like little field mice, they have adorable eyes, just not in my house. I already know they are in the walls/attic

WOW that was long, sorry
Going to try all your tips. even the oatmeal which I'm not keen on thick it's the texture? lmao I remember my cat me kitty (seriously that was her name me kitty) she brought in a live mole dropped it right at my mothers feet freaked her out LOL.

Good news: have a healthy dinner planned and think some of my newer pullets are close to laying their first eggs yay (have over 50 chickens atm sure my neighbors love me...not)

Bad news: I can't my open bottle of lye I know it must have at least 100g of lye in it and cuz I can't find it I had to open a new bottle also the humidity is messing with my lye I think :s

Everyone's requirements to lose weight are different. I need to cut all sugars (other than natural in berries) and carbs (other than in veggies). I lost 115 lbs in 10 months. It's been a lifetime struggle. I gave up my Diet Pepsi addiction at the same time and now only drink it on occasion. I drink a gallon of water a day and exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week. I do splurge on special occasions but then get back on track. My mind is clearer, my energy has tripled.

Bad News: I'm having a 60th Anniversary (surprise) party for my parents in 3 weeks and need to get the house in order.

Good News: Actually got my soaping room just about done. Now to just organize my FO/EO hoard. Then move on to the rest of the house. A good time to purge.

Everyone's requirements to lose weight are different. I need to cut all sugars (other than natural in berries) and carbs (other than in veggies). I lost 115 lbs in 10 months. It's been a lifetime struggle. I gave up my Diet Pepsi addiction at the same time and now only drink it on occasion. I drink a gallon of water a day and exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week. I do splurge on special occasions but then get back on track. My mind is clearer, my energy has tripled.

Bad News: I'm having a 60th Anniversary (surprise) party for my parents in 3 weeks and need to get the house in order.

Good News: Actually got my soaping room just about done. Now to just organize my FO/EO hoard. Then move on to the rest of the house. A good time to purge.
60th anniversary! now that is cool!

Good news - going to Yellowstone for vacation. I haven't been since my daughter was like 2 months old (she's 26 now) and even then saw literally no wildlife at all - only birds, and a few small geysers (not Old Faithful, as we only drove through on our way to Sheridan WY)

Bad news - not leaving until Sept. 1-9 and I'm so anxious, it's going to be a VERY LONG MONTH... *sigh*

Latest posts

Back