Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i thought so, I just couldn't think of a 'bad news' for the day.
;)

Good News- I got almost all of the Coop roof tarped, 1 side netting up, fixed one of the outside cameras. So proud to get it done

Bad news - I am now sore and want to relax on the couch but DD has a school thing that doesn't start till 10 pm ! hate high schoolers...
it's only 8 and I am not sure I will make it till 10

Good News- Got the reader today !! and it came with a sticker that says Square, v, mc,am,disc.

Bad news - now I got to figure it out ;)

I think the hardest part for me to figure out was that I couldn't plug the reader into my phone until after I had the transaction ready to checkout. One year and two readers later I figured out that I couldn't just keep the reader plugged in and ready to go. I still struggle figuring out which way is "up" to swipe cards. When I have to do multiple swipes of a card I feel like such a criminal... like... is this person going to accuse me of stealing her card info?? That's the paranoid in me, I guess.

Anyways, I highly recommend setting up your library of items and any discounts that you want to use beforehand. It saves so much time!

I think the hardest part for me to figure out was that I couldn't plug the reader into my phone until after I had the transaction ready to checkout. One year and two readers later I figured out that I couldn't just keep the reader plugged in and ready to go.

Ok, that I didn't know. So, don't plug it in until you're at the last stage of the transaction?

I didn't know that either !

I will start a SQUARE thread so we can learn a bit more. Which forum should I post it in?

Good news - I got to watch the hen lay an egg

Bad news- there are 3 trying to get into the SAME nest box :rolleyes: I think I will make one BIG long box . silly chickens

I will start a SQUARE thread so we can learn a bit more. Which forum should I post it in?

I think the Business forum? https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/general-business-forum.23/

Ok, that I didn't know. So, don't plug it in until you're at the last stage of the transaction?

Yes. Although I just did a test sale so I could get a screen shot, and I see they have updated it since I used it last. After selecting the items and tapping the blue Charge bar, it says right at the top "connect a reader..." otherwise the other option for charge is 'manual card entry'. So they have made it a little bit easier for slow learners like me!

Screen shots hereView attachment 30663
Screenshot_20180608-103709.jpeg

ETA: ugh. Not sure why when posting from the app, it doesn't want to attach all the pictures. Hopefully you understand what I mean with only the one photo. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Good news - I got to watch the hen lay an egg

Bad news- there are 3 trying to get into the SAME nest box :rolleyes: I think I will make one BIG long box . silly chickens

I watched several YouTube videos that all say that all the chickens like the same nest box for some reason. Perfectly normal for silly chickens.

Good news: Found hen house with feeder and waterer on Craig's List for cheap! Everything but the feeder is in great shape! So all we need is to make one of those bucket/PVC feeders and build a run for them.

Bad news: Can't move in until last week of this month, so we had to rent another small storage to store them.

Hi Susie and Welcome to the Chicken world ! lol Turns out they like any box that has an egg in it. I tossed 2 fake ones in separate boxes and that is where they laid yesterday..

Good news - I can see the hens walking into the chicken tunnel

Bad News- it is because the camera is slowly falling (bad tape job)

BAD NEWS : I lost my phone and had to get a new one.
GOOD News: The Elite white Basketball Player WON 2 games and we are in the semifinals

Good news; One more week before moving!!!!

Bad news: The 125 gallon aquarium was loaded onto a truck yesterday from the facility, so it will get here before the move. Now we have to rearrange the storage rooms to make space.

Good news; One more week before moving!!!!

Bad news: The 125 gallon aquarium was loaded onto a truck yesterday from the facility, so it will get here before the move. Now we have to rearrange the storage rooms to make space.

Salt or fresh? I'm drooling here...! I'd love to have a tank that size, freshwater, with lots of otocinclus and plants! I love those little things.

Bad news: My car needs a new drive shaft
Good news: Hubby discovered this before I took a roadtrip somewhere and had the dang thing freeze up on me and ruin more than just the drive shaft
Bad news: Instead of him fixing it (he's replaced drive shafts before, so he is capable, but it took him 3 days to do it the last time) because he doesn't have enough time off to do this kind of repair, so I have to take it to a repair shop
Good news: I take it in tomorrow (appointment made already)

Good news: I have this week off of work!! Yippee!! As soon as I get my Nurture order in, it'll be soap galore!

Bad news: I worked out too hard yesterday and can barely move today...also I sliced my finger with a bread knife before cutting my pinky toe on something my boyfriend had laying around. The universe is telling me to stay in bed. :(

I hope you cleaned both cuts really well. Not sure I'd soak in a hot tub with newly cut skin, BUT for me, sore body aches from overworking the muscles is usually relieved by a good long soak in a tub of hot water. Maybe you have some bath salts you can use and try a nice soak. Then clean the cuts again after the soak and apply some anti-bacterial ointment to be on the safe side, if you are so inclined.

I hope you cleaned both cuts really well. Not sure I'd soak in a hot tub with newly cut skin, BUT for me, sore body aches from overworking the muscles is usually relieved by a good long soak in a tub of hot water. Maybe you have some bath salts you can use and try a nice soak. Then clean the cuts again after the soak and apply some anti-bacterial ointment to be on the safe side, if you are so inclined.
Oh man, a hot bath sounds amazing! I'm not sure I'd be able to get up afterwards though XD
I so appreciate your concern :) I'm a very clumsy person!! I did clean both cuts well. When I'm not making soap, I'm a nurse, so I'm fortunate enough to have ample access to wound care stuff. When my hospital moved into a new building, they gave away a lot of the supplies they didn't need anymore, so I have an incredibly well-put-together first aid kit!! Ends up being a very useful thing considering how much I get hurt and how much my boyfriend tends to hurt himself. We must be cursed!

Good News: Last night I met some friends from my elementary/jr. high school days. Most I hadn't seen in 50 years and it was really fun.
Bad News: I didn't know a couple of the ladies, and one of them rode (about an hour) there and back with my friend and I. She is a rep for a 'therapeutic grade' overpriced EO company. My tongue is sore from all the biting I had to do.

Good news: My car is in the repair shop & I dodged a bullet because the CV axle/drive shaft does need to be replaced as my husband diagnosed. I was hoping that maybe we could get by with just a new CV boot kit. That's all I needed the last time this happened (on the other sided of the car), but this one was left too long. Although neither of us knew there was a problem until this week, the boot was torn & the CV joint was open to the elements for too long. Luckily I didn't learn about it the hard way with a CV joint failure and an immobile car somewhere out on the road.

Bad news: The cost is going to be $1,059 and some odd cents. About what we expected, but still not welcome news.

Back