Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news - it's sunny out

Bad news - it is going to hit 90's today and tomorrow :(
We got to 106° yesterday here (although the official record was only 102° because they take the official readings out at the airport which is not indicative of what it actually is everywhere else!! LOL)
Today is supposed to be a bit better with only a high of 97°...

Good news - the AC works good both here at work (I freeze usually) and at home. :)

Good news - it's sunny out

Bad news - it is going to hit 90's today and tomorrow :(
Bad news: It's like 115 heat index here today........
Good news: Air conditioning!!!!! And I can go around singing the ¡Hace Calor! song from Sesame Street ;)

Secondary bad news: I spilled FO all over my counter and now I have to make sacrifices and burn incense to the Soap Gods to try and get my house not to smell like a cough drop XD
Seriously, I have incense burning in my living room and in my kitchen...and I'm bathing my counters in vinegar + baking soda.

Good news: my husband has finally realized that he needs to get his boys inline.

Bad news: he doesn't want to be the bad guy who enforces the rules, so he's stalled out at making his own rules, and is barely holding his head above water enforcing the rules that I have made.

Good news: I picked up my car yesterday, so I am able to go where ever I want whenever I want again! Hurray.
Bad news: I wanted to shop at Staples, but the store near the Volvo repair shop has apparently has been closed for almost 2 years (according to an article in the QC Times online) but the building still says Staples out front!

Good news: JoAnn's has sale for pretty paper at a huge savings, so I bought 21 sheets of various pretty papers I can use for labeling my soaps.
Bad news: It was so hot & humid while out & about yesterday, my car's AC could barely handle it that made me rather irritable, which also made me cut my shopping short.

Good news: Today is another day & I plan to go out as soon as stores open here in town in hopes of finding what I didn't go out to find yesterday. Hopefully to cooler morning (ha! it's already 85°F) will hold me for an hour or so of shopping.

Not sure which is good & which is bad; it's a combination of both.

Instead of taking the train to the station, picking up our car and driving North last night, Hubby decided we'd drive home & depart for Wisconsin today.

Surprising news: My Michaels order of paper expected next week, was to be delivered a week early.
Bad news: Delivery was scheduled while we are gone.
Good news: One part of the delivery arrived the day before we left, so it got moved into the house.
Good news: We were able to divert another part of the delivery due yesterday & so we can p/u at UPS next week.
Bad news: We were unable to divert the third part of the order for some undetermined reason, so it was delivered yesterday.
Bad Bad news: The vellum paper from Michaels was deliverd Thursday on my doorstep and we had a downpour of rain yesterday. The envelope was drenched and disintegrating by the time we got home last night. One corner of the enclosed plastic packaging the vellum paper was also wet.
Good news: Most of it dried un-damaged over-night. Considering the cost of this paper (20 pages for over $6.00), I was not totally happy, but glad to have saved most of it.

Not sure how I've missed this thread until now.
Good news: Last night I got to go to my Ken's job and spend some extra time with him. We went out for breakfast when his shift ended.

Bad news: He works the late night shift at 7/11 and he got 2 unexpected stock deliveries. So I stocked the half of the shelves and the drinks cooler while he stocked the rest of the store and did all of the heavy lifting in between waiting on customers.

Bad news : Left the B-Day steak on a bit too long, done instead of rare.

Good News: that is just the way my DD likes it, and her B-day is Friday... so it is still a B-day Steak ;)

Good news....my daughter is home! Bad news DH has to have part of intestine removed...I found that out today :-(

Good news: found a good Japanese place to take DD out for her B-day dinner

Bad news: as I was telling her that we should go tonight, I became very tired :( **** rain.

Latest posts

Back