Let's play Good News / Bad News

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news: My oldest son passed a 4 hour oral exam to be promoted at work!

Bad news: I have to go to the Dr tomorrow for my blood cancer (not fatal and have not idea why they call it cancer)

Good News: my herbal dragons blood soap smells great!

Bad News: it smells like a cinnamon spice cake and looks like a brownie and the hubby says he almost ate it but I seem to be missing my smallest piece.........
thats funny my daughter spit a small tester one out in my hand once she thought it was fudge and it was soap the look on her face was priceless

redhead1226, I am sorry to read about your very scary night! I hope you are feeling less stress now.

I thought I'd share my experience, with an unexpected reduction of my tinnitus. Having lived with it for as long as I can remember, I never really expected it to go away or be less of an annoyance than it always has been. But I was very happy to discover that my hearing aides actually alleviate my tinnitus. That's not why I have hearing aides; it's because I am hearing impaired, and since I never brought it up, my doctor never mentioned that HA's might actually help. I have since learned that hearing aides ARE a treatment modality used for many people with tinnitus. Just putting it out there in case it's an option for you.

@earlene THAT IS FANTASTIC !!! Seems to simple, why have they not tried that all over :( Sad when all can not benefit from something so simple.

My friends DD was sent to a house to troubled girls because they thought she was having issues,. It was her Tinnitus that was the issue.

Good news: My husband's wound has healed so my postponed roadtrip to California is back on. I leave on Saturday. He also replaced the rear brake pads in my car.

Bad news: Wildfires again, which are in the line of travel, again, altering my route somewhat. Hopefully they will continue containment, as the two worst ones on my usual route are almost as close as when was there last year (visiting my son).

Good news: Son was approved for low-income housing and found a house in-town, where he can also have his dog. He moved a little over a month ago and his rent is how half what it was at the trailer park (which was rather a dive). He has a small yard where he can grow a garden. He is within a block of a grocery store, fast food restaurants, a trift store and even his best friend's house. It's a small little place, but perfect for a single disabled person who needs to be close to resources in town.

More good news: He is managing to stay on top of everything financially related since becoming his own payee and hasn't needed to call me in a panic over anything.

Bad news: He doesn't have hardly any furniture and the dog punctured a hole in his new air mattress and the only furniture I can fit into my car is a bar stool (I got one for him at the Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.) We have spare furniture, but no economical way to get it to him, so he will have to do what everyone else does and buy stuff when he can afford it and hope someone nearby can help him get it to his house.

That is good news. Check out Craigs List in his area, many get rid of good furniture.

Bad news : my back is really bothering me, not painful but heavy ache in the hip area... could be my Sciatica.

Good News : IBU and Arnica balm seems to help a little

Good news: I FINALLY made my "Almond Joy" inspired soap! Seems like I've been planning it forever! I split the batter into thirds, colored 2 portions (1 white & 1 brown) & scented one portion with Coconut FO, one with Almond FO and the third with Chocolate FO and I did a angled wall pour.

Bad news: Ken called me twice then came home while I was making it. With all the distractions I forgot my butterfly embed and I forgot to make my sample bars.

Good news: my foster dog is going to the vet today to have his leg pain checked out.

Bad news: he will be steralised as well which means he will be ready for adoption. He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best foster dog I have ever had and I have no doubt he will be snapped up. After 7 years of fostering greyhounds i know this simply means that another greyhound's life can be saved but giving up this foster is going to be particularly difficult for me.

Awwww our neighbor in Florida had 2 adopted greyhounds. They were the sweetest little duo. My kids loved them so much.

Bad news: I was preping my bedroom to paint and found mold under my craft desk and the floor is soft about a foot-and-a-half into the room.
Good news: we have not sold the RV yet so I have a place to sleep. My breathing seems to be doing better after just one night.
Bad news: we're having difficulty finding someone to fix it since a lot of construction is done during the summer.
Good news: I might be getting a bigger closet while we are fixing the damage.

Good news: The freezer in the fridge at this hotel room is so good that it freezes water into ice cubes in just a few short hours.

Bad news: It also froze the glass water bottles I put in the fridge door and one of them broke inside the fridge; the top apparently even popped off and broke, too. I just noticed today when I went to pull one out.

Other bad news: Even though the freezer is so super efficient, the ice cream I bought last night was much softer than I like it.

Other good news: The ice cream still tasted fabulous and I ate it all.

(After all, I had to turn down the temp after discovering a broken water bottle inside the fridge and the ice cream would have become even softer and I just don't like soft ice cream.)

redhead1226, I am sorry to read about your very scary night! I hope you are feeling less stress now.

I thought I'd share my experience, with an unexpected reduction of my tinnitus. Having lived with it for as long as I can remember, I never really expected it to go away or be less of an annoyance than it always has been. But I was very happy to discover that my hearing aides actually alleviate my tinnitus. That's not why I have hearing aides; it's because I am hearing impaired, and since I never brought it up, my doctor never mentioned that HA's might actually help. I have since learned that hearing aides ARE a treatment modality used for many people with tinnitus. Just putting it out there in case it's an option for you.

I wonder if it's not mentioned because hearing aids aren't covered by many insurances companies - a fact that really ticks me off! Hearing is one of our senses and it's often older people that lose their hearing and can't afford a hearing aid, or to replace one that breaks or is lost. Older people are already at more risk of being isolated - so let's add hearing trouble on top of it which greatly affects the ability to keep relationships and watch their depression rates skyrocket!!! GRRRRR!!!!

I wonder if it's not mentioned because hearing aids aren't covered by many insurances companies - a fact that really ticks me off! Hearing is one of our senses and it's often older people that lose their hearing and can't afford a hearing aid, or to replace one that breaks or is lost. Older people are already at more risk of being isolated - so let's add hearing trouble on top of it which greatly affects the ability to keep relationships and watch their depression rates skyrocket!!! GRRRRR!!!!

I am right there with you on that, lenarenee!

Not only that, but Medicare covers NEITHER hearing aids nor dentures, let alone most dental care unless hospitalized. How does it make any sense to deny the imperative need for proper nutrition (via being able to chew your food) and the ability to hear in order to protect yourself when out there in the world or dealing with those cagey dishonest telemarketers or simply crossing the street?

I am right there with you on that, lenarenee!

Not only that, but Medicare covers NEITHER hearing aids nor dentures, let alone most dental care unless hospitalized. How does it make any sense to deny the imperative need for proper nutrition (via being able to chew your food) and the ability to hear in order to protect yourself when out there in the world or dealing with those cagey dishonest telemarketers or simply crossing the street?

Seriously Earlene???? No teeth to eat nutritious foods????? No hearing conversations, music, television, phone calls, SMOKE ALARMS? No proper way to enjoy a meal??? Where is the phone number to reach the blooming idiots that came up with these restrictions???

Yes, seriously. You didn't know? Well President Johnson signed HR 6675 (the Social Security Act Amendments Act aka Medicare) into law in 1965, so I'd guess there aren't a lot of politicians who wrote, debated and passed the Medicare regs are still around to answer phones. Some may still be some alive, but none are any longer serving in the House nor the Senate. That was 53 years ago, and none currently in office have served longer than 45 years. link

I wish I knew if it was ever discussed and what the discussion was. I suspect both were ruled out as too costly.

Here's a little historical background: https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=99#
https://www.ssa.gov/history/tally65.html
https://www.medicareresources.org/basic-medicare-information/brief-history-of-medicare/

Good News: My husband has a student tomorrow.

Bad news: As I clean up, a little toddler is doing her best impression of a wrecking ball.

Good news : I got in at 7am to see the Dr about a pinched nerve in my neck.

Bad news: need to do Prednisone to see if that reduces any swelling and cures the tingling/numbing in my arm/back/leg, mainly arm.

Good news : I got in at 7am to see the Dr about a pinched nerve in my neck.

Bad news: need to do Prednisone to see if that reduces any swelling and cures the tingling/numbing in my arm/back/leg, mainly arm.

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but have you ever considered chiropractic care? My chiropractor is worth his weight in gold to me. It's pretty amazing what an adjustment will do for pinched nerves without having to resort to a round of anti-inflammatory drugs.

Bad news : we had a wicked microburst sweep through our neighborhood the other night that uprooted trees left and right and stripped many others entirely of their leaves. A huge limb from a tree in our neighbor's yard snapped right off and toppled into our back yard.

Good news: our own trees and home were spared any damage.

I'm not a fan of Chiropractors. I like Acupuncture for the sciatica and will have to see how the Pred goes. But I am not starting it till tomorrow when I will be home all day ... I heard too much about the PEE issue and can't do that tonight at my FM

Back