Lemonade Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just cut this one. Lemonade in NZ is what you 'mericans call 'Sprite' or '7-Up'. The FO is called lemongrass and citrus zest, but I reckon it smells like lemonade, so that's what I'm calling it. I used the blue and green for a bit of interest - otherwise plain yellow soap was going to be a bit boring. Wish I hadn't swirled it quite so much. It's a fine line, innit?
24BE3549-BD34-4A14-A7AC-D5B587F652B4.jpeg
2ED452E0-A3EA-4274-B7A2-1F8AD50855CF_1_201_a.jpeg

Very pretty though KiwiMoose. I especially love the thin swirls on the left bar.

Very nice! I love the swirl.
My Irish fam calls it Lemonade too—unless there’s vodka in it lol.

I was wondering the same thing. And also do kids have lemonade stands in New Zealand like is so common (or used to be) in the US, where they sell home-made lemonade (a drink made with lemons, water and sugar) to passersby.

If you guys call Sprite/7UP "lemonade," what do you call the non-carbonated lemon juice/sugar/water beverage? Confused American here.
Lemon squash :) or just a 'freshly squeezed' lemon drink.
And @earlene no - we don't have 'lemonade' stands here - kids would more likely sell feijoas or other home grown fruit at the gate if anything. But yeh, not that common these days.

Lemon squash :) or just a 'freshly squeezed' lemon drink.
And @earlene no - we don't have 'lemonade' stands here - kids would more likely sell feijoas or other home grown fruit at the gate if anything. But yeh, not that common these days.
Here, "squash" generally refers to any edible gourd that isn't pumpkin or melons. If I saw lemon squash on the beverage menu, I would not be expecting lemonade!

Just cut this one. Lemonade in NZ is what you 'mericans call 'Sprite' or '7-Up'. The FO is called lemongrass and citrus zest, but I reckon it smells like lemonade, so that's what I'm calling it. I used the blue and green for a bit of interest - otherwise plain yellow soap was going to be a bit boring. Wish I hadn't swirled it quite so much. It's a fine line, innit?View attachment 49355View attachment 49356
Love it. It looks like black raspberry lemonade to me. My grandmother used to make it right after we got done picking wild raspberries.

I love the cultural language lesson! Thank you for the laugh! The swirled Lemonade soap is gorgeous.

Here we'd probably think lemon squash is a dish lol like lemon chicken

We don't call sprite or 7up anything else.

Latest posts

Back