Lavander soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the same boat as most of you. Not a big fan of lavender because it is everywhere. I even had customers approach and ask "Where is your Lavender soap?". So here goes - I mixed Lavender and Frankincense 1:1 and it gave that missing background. Now even the most demanding customers who say "Don't care about lavender because everyone has it" are satisfied with the new scent.
What kind of frankincense did you use? I havent found much use for B. serratta yet...but I love carteri.

I prefer to use lavender alone, but I like lavender and do not sell at markets. When I tried blending it, the other fragrance overpowered it, so I have not tried blending it again, unless it is a complementary in a different blend altogether (in which I do not want it to be the star).

What frankincense did/do you use?
The Boswellia serratta from ND.

... you think lavender overpowers your patchouli, the licorice (anise) just decimates the lavender!
That made me laugh! It seems to me that both anise and fennel decimate just about everything! I like licorice candy and anise holiday cookies, but of all my EO's, anise seems to be one of the most potent and long lasting. Soap will still smell strong YEARS later! It's one of those scents that I might add to a blend a drop at a time and only after careful consideration. I just don't want to smell a blend and notice it's in there.
Maybe there's certain scents that some individuals pick up on easier than others. Maybe peppermint & anise are those for me. Maybe that's why, although I like them both very much by themselves, I don't want to be able to pick them out in a blend. Then that's all I'll smell. lol

I always use lavender with other scents. My favorite to mix with is some type of herb scent, or lemongrass.

Rats, I have a friend who wants Lavender/mint, another who wants Lavender/rosemary, another who wants just Lavender. Why oh why did I ask them??

lol so typical. Make one with lavender, and a little but of all of those. Call it mysteries lavender and tell all of them they got what they wanted. :nodding:

once I make a lavender I am planning on making a confetti bar with Rose, Lilac and Lavender does anybody think this will smell good? not a fan of any of the scents but I figured I could call it confetti bouquet?

Rats, I have a friend who wants Lavender/mint, another who wants Lavender/rosemary, another who wants just Lavender. Why oh why did I ask them??
Do what all the pros do... create a proprietary lavender fragrance that uses all three in a blend from Kenna of Modern Soapmaking's Essential Oil Blend Calculator. I just played with it and found a blend that uses just those three EOs. Should be quite nice, I think. Here's a link:
https://www.eocalc.com/

ENJOY!

Rose, Lilac and Lavender does anybody think this will smell good? ...call it confetti bouquet?
Check out the link above to Kenna's EO calc. then run with it. I'm better at guessing results with herbally blends... can't quite get my nose around those 3 EOs. Should be interesting and mysterious maybe? Dunno. :smallshrug:

ETA: I entered Lavender, Palmarosa & Ylang Ylang -- rose and lilac aren't available on that calc. -- and a blend that looks complex but very workable to me came up called Floral Touch.

Last edited:
Oooo Will go to that site at once! Now I have my evening planned!!

I like the idea of “Proprietary Blend”— There is good sense in that. A friend is asking for Lavender/mint. Afraid I might go to heavy on the mint, I’m thinking of making little green leaf (mint) embeds, studded in the lavender soap bar. What about that? Would that work?

I don’t really care for Lavender but it is by far a best seller in the straight EO and blend that I use. I like the 40/42. The other lavenders were too floraly for me and I like the sharper scent. I did get some Lavendin to blend in for a batch and that was nice smelling to me.

Oooo Will go to that site at once! Now I have my evening planned!!

I like the idea of “Proprietary Blend”— There is good sense in that. A friend is asking for Lavender/mint. Afraid I might go to heavy on the mint, I’m thinking of making little green leaf (mint) embeds, studded in the lavender soap bar. What about that? Would that work?
2:1 lavender:mint is nice.

I ordered 40/20 the other day from BB so I wont have to deal with it right away :) interested in the mix with mint. will probably make a plain one and then a mix

Latest posts

Back