Latest Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylie_au

Reaction score
Not sure how it became a double post, can a moderator delete it?

Finally made Bay Rum Soap.
Did a bright yellow minibatch for my youngest boy, the rest was itps with coconut milk, blue clay and blue colour.
Im fairly happy with how they turned out i guess.

Some of the prettier ones

Last edited:
Oooo...very pretty, love your swirls! Bay rum always reminds me of the very first time I sold soap. A woman and a young boy, about 10, bought several soaps. They paid, and the woman turned to walk away. The boy tugged at his mother's arm and asked her for some money. "But honey," she said, "We already got soap for your dad and your uncle." He said, "I know, but I want one for me!" She gave him the money, and he smelled each and every soap I had, eyes closed, inhaling deeply....and when he sniffed the bay rum, he smiled and said, "This one!" I always think of that boy when I smell bay rum. I'm sure your boy will enjoy his soap too. :smile:

Beautiful swirls Kylie! I love the lemon yellow too. Your boys will be thrilled to have their own special soaps mom made just for them. No more fighting over the soap in the tub!

Thanks for that heartwarming story, Nav9. :smile: I bet that little boy also remembers the day he picked out his own soap from your selection. Those beautiful moments remind us why we love doing what we do. Plus it helps keep the memories of rude and obnoxious people at bay!

The yellow batch looks so nice and creamy, and the blue swirls look fabulous!

I also enjoyed that story, navigator :)

thankyou all - i enjoy using colour in my soap.
All my kids loved bay rum first time around, only back then i did it with green clay and colour, so the blue doesn't "feel " right atm, but it may grow on me.

Back