A Few Recent Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alkmaar looks so pretty wiht those colours. And I like the idea of a 'golden milk' - the colour totally matches the name. It would be nice scented with a chai latte type scent (note to self for future project...)
I was going to go that route but didn't have all the oils I needed. When I smelled the neroli, it just seemed to fit.

A couple more soaps from last weekend...

I wanted a fruity-scented soap and was going to use Black Raspberry Vanilla but didn't have enough for a batch so I chose Love Spell instead. Love spell_cut.png

This one was inspired by a soap that showed up on my Pinterest feed: Chado Soap. I made a few changes but it still contains the matcha powder, RBO, and the sushi rice. I scented it with Neroli. In waiting for the batter to come to a slightly thicker trace, I let it go just a bit too long and ended up almost plopping it into the mold. This bar looks okay but some of the last ones look a little... rustic.

Matcha Rice.png

This one was inspired by a soap that showed up on my Pinterest feed: Chado Soap. I made a few changes but it still contains the matcha powder, RBO, and the sushi rice. I scented it with Neroli. In waiting for the batter to come to a slightly thicker trace, I let it go just a bit too long and ended up almost plopping it into the mold. This bar looks okay but some of the last ones look a little... rustic.

View attachment 70573
Oh my... ahem, yes... "outhouse rustic" 😁😆

Maybe change the bar shape so it isn't as suggestive of those "rustic" activities?

Well, my pine tar often looks like that, and people still request it and pay for it.

So, ya never know. Maybe try selling it at full price first before relegating it to the sale bin?

A couple more soaps from last weekend...

I wanted a fruity-scented soap and was going to use Black Raspberry Vanilla but didn't have enough for a batch so I chose Love Spell instead.View attachment 70572

View attachment 70573
Hi, they are all so nice. Is the sushi rice an exfoliant? What is the consistency when you add it? I’ve been eyeing my rice collection for soap but wasn’t sure how to add it. Thank you!

Hi, they are all so nice. Is the sushi rice an exfoliant? What is the consistency when you add it? I’ve been eyeing my rice collection for soap but wasn’t sure how to add it. Thank you!
Sushi rice is a somewhat rounded rice; it isn't so much an exfoliant as a massaging feeling. I added it just before pouring but the batter was already at trace and it accelerated somewhat from the fragrance.

I made these this week. Interestingly, at one point my husband told me to stop making these because he thought they were silly and no one would buy them. However, with sales at my new market disappointingly low, he suggested that gearing things to the kids might help push sales to the parents. He's the one who suggested Poop Soap might be in order. I was shocked to hear those words come out of his mouth but I needed to make soap anyway so.....

Poop soap.png Unicorn poop.png

The one on the left is coloured with dark cocoa powder and scented with Chocolate Fudge FO. The Unicorn Poop is scented with Energy FO. I'm very tempted to put some googly eyes on them. ;)

image_2023-07-08_140039690.png

Latest posts

Back