Last of the soy oil soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex1982

Reaction score
So I was trying to get rid of my hydro soy and made 3 different soaps. All of my regular soaps are rustic and only one color, well one of my soaps has two colors. So I'm not really versed in colorful or swirly type soaps. They are orange patchouli, ocean reef and tuberose.

IMG_3668[1].jpg

IMG_3669[1].jpg

oh and they are all CPOP . The orange one is gold mica, the white part has silver mica and on top i put cookie sprinkles. The pink one is powdered color dye in purple raspberry, the white part has silver mica and the top has rose petals that turned dark because of the CPOP, didn't know it would happen, never done that. The blue one is iron oxide and it's lighter in real life, the green part is stevia root.

Wow, really bright colours. I especially like the pink soap colour. Is it as red looking in real life?

I've only just started to use colours with some good and some not so good results!! I 'm going to try taking some photos and posting them in the next few days. I've just got to work out how!!

I can't wait to see your pictures. Yes, the red is kind of a pink red, but it is that bright. The blue one looks kind of like the earth which wasn't intended LOL. :)

LOVE the orange one, i want to take a bite out of it,i have a weakness for anything creamsicle lol

really like the colors! so vibrant! what kind of blue oxide was it if i may ask? i really like that color. and the orange one, is it only gold mica and nothing more? really nice, vibrant orange it produces.

really like the colors! so vibrant! what kind of blue oxide was it if i may ask? i really like that color. and the orange one, is it only gold mica and nothing more? really nice, vibrant orange it produces.

Thank you!

The jar juust says gold mica it's from the sage. The blue is called seafoam and it's also from the sage and its an iron oxide. Im surprised the gold turned orange but it's what I wanted so I was lucky there. I did have to use more than I normally would :)

I looked on the sage's website and i'm 100% confident that they sent me the wrong mica. Never having seen gold mica, I just thought that's what it was. I think they had the jar mislabeled. I think they sent me their orange blaze or whatever it's called. they don't even sell a gold mica anymore. Well, I can't get my money back, I bought it like 5 yrs ago. Oh well, at least it worked for this haha. I was wondering why it kept turning my soaps orange. It doesn't look orange in the jar, kind of yellow gold. ?? weird. :lolno:

Thank you :) hoping they sell this summer at the market. I was trying to figure out a way to label them without covering up the design. I decided on a ribbon tied around it with a printed card on the back.

Back