Quantcast

ITS THE SOAP POT WEEKEND!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

G

Guest

Hi everyone, here we are again. The weekend. I must say, I am truly exhausted. Between midterms, work, and getting ready for my upcoming shows, I am hardly getting any rest. :cry:
Anyways..

This weekend I am restocking and getting ready for my 6 day show! (3 days one weekend, and then the following weekend) I have help at the shows.. but will be working alone in the kitchen lol.
So thats whats in my pot this weekend..

How about yours?
 

edco76

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
1
Location
Talladega, Alabama
I am re-batching some soap that smells/feels great but I was unhappy with the mold. I have some oils and scents I would love to use but alas, I am out of lye and I have family coming to visit so I can't drive 30 miels to Lowes to get more.
 

Becky

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
612
Reaction score
0
Location
Queensland, Australia
No soaping for me this weekend. I'm assessing job applications, finishing a module of my Cert 1 in IT and packing ready to go away for a conference for work next week.

Plus, it's too hot already! The only time my kitchen is comfortable from now until March is after the sun has gone down.
 

Mothi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
FL
For me it is liquid soap making weekend. I am having a kick making it. :lol:
 

Soapmaker Man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
88
Location
SW Missouri
Yesterday I made up 1/2 gallon of my homemade hand and face cream. I scented part of it for the swap Shannan's hosting. I'll get those sent in Tuesday at the latest Shannan. The rest I put into a sterile plastic tub I washed and used a bleach rinse then always spray with 92% alcohol before putting in my cream for storage in the fridge even though it's got Liquid Germall Plus at almost 1%.
Today, it's back to the shop to fill orders so I can ship out first thing in the morning. Have fun friends!

Paul.... :wink:
 
G

Guest

Soapmaker Man said:
Yesterday I made up 1/2 gallon of my homemade hand and face cream. I scented part of it for the swap Shannan's hosting. I'll get those sent in Tuesday at the latest Shannan. The rest I put into a sterile plastic tub I washed and used a bleach rinse then always spray with 92% alcohol before putting in my cream for storage in the fridge even though it's got Liquid Germall Plus at almost 1%.
Today, it's back to the shop to fill orders so I can ship out first thing in the morning. Have fun friends!

Paul.... :wink:
No problem Paul, I will be waiting for it. I already received Pepper's box. Waiting for everyone elses...

On Saturday I made "Gimmiesomesugar" soap (Pink Sugar) two layered. The bottome has the FO it turns brown. And the top is pink. (Yes, I will take pics)
Restock of Black Magic.

Today I will be making
Pearberry, Cranberry Fig, and Frank & Myrrh

Trying out a body butter recipe. I need to tweak it. I want a thick cream. :wink:
 

pepperi27

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
0
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all
 

soapbuddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
22
Location
Hot Desert of Cali
pepperi27 said:
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all
What are shave sticks?
 

Tabitha

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
143
Location
Texas
Yes, do spill on the shave sticks..

I am making a haunted house. Last year was uor first Haloween with the shop open & we had 2000, two-thousand trick or treaters. Downtown does a big trick or treat deal & it's just huge! We did the only haunted house in town last year, The back 1/2 of our building is currently just storage so we cover everything in black plastic & since the hubby is a carpenter he constructs a maze. People enter throught the side storage door & are spit out into our shop. Kinda like how when you ride a ride at an amusement park or visit a museum you have to walk throught the gift shop to get out. We have a no blood or body part rule in the haunted house. It's for elementary school aged kids. We do skeletons, spiders, snakes, mummies & such. My 5 y/o sits at the end & squirts everyone w/ air (which is THE scariest part) the kids scream & he just dies laughing OUT LOUD, that is how we know it's time to send the next bunch through... he loves it!

I will post photos after the vevent.
 

Soapmaker Man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
88
Location
SW Missouri
Shannan, I read somewhere the other day someone used a vanilla stabilizer and it worked wonderfully on Pink Sugar! They said it stayed nice and off white. Now that I think about it, I think I remember where I read it and will be silent on that one. :roll: :lol: If you can't figure it out, PM me! LOL

ETA: I think I know where you got the inspiration for the Frank & Myrrh! :lol: Her swirl was beautiful.... 8)

Paul.... :wink:
 

soapbuddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
22
Location
Hot Desert of Cali
Soapmaker Man said:
Shannan, I read somewhere the other day someone used a vanilla stabilizer and it worked wonderfully on Pink Sugar! They said it stayed nice and off white. Now that I think about it, I think I remember where I read it and will be silent on that one. :roll: :lol: If you can't figure it out, PM me! LOL

Paul.... :wink:
I bought some. I hope to play with it soon. :D

Irena
 
G

Guest

Soapmaker Man said:
Shannan, I read somewhere the other day someone used a vanilla stabilizer and it worked wonderfully on Pink Sugar! They said it stayed nice and off white. Now that I think about it, I think I remember where I read it and will be silent on that one. :roll: :lol: If you can't figure it out, PM me! LOL

ETA: I think I know where you got the inspiration for the Frank & Myrrh! :lol: Her swirl was beautiful.... 8)

Paul.... :wink:
I know where you read it, and I like it the way it is :) And I been making Frank & Myrrh every year for the past 5 years. Mine is just a basic bar and FO added.. nothing fancy...
 

pepperi27

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
0
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all
What are shave sticks?
Well my grandfather wanted to try my shave soap but complained he has no where to put the soap when finished. (I have no bowls LOL) Anyway i decided I had some deodorant sticks and put the soap inside. Well gave him one and he loved it! He told me he didn't need his aftershave lotion after using the soap and it was cleaner cause all he had to do was cap and put the stick away! My bf loves it as well better than shaving cream!
 

pepperi27

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
0
Tabitha said:
Yes, do spill on the shave sticks..

I am making a haunted house. Last year was uor first Haloween with the shop open & we had 2000, two-thousand trick or treaters. Downtown does a big trick or treat deal & it's just huge! We did the only haunted house in town last year, The back 1/2 of our building is currently just storage so we cover everything in black plastic & since the hubby is a carpenter he constructs a maze. People enter throught the side storage door & are spit out into our shop. Kinda like how when you ride a ride at an amusement park or visit a museum you have to walk throught the gift shop to get out. We have a no blood or body part rule in the haunted house. It's for elementary school aged kids. We do skeletons, spiders, snakes, mummies & such. My 5 y/o sits at the end & squirts everyone w/ air (which is THE scariest part) the kids scream & he just dies laughing OUT LOUD, that is how we know it's time to send the next bunch through... he loves it!

I will post photos after the vevent.
That sounds so amazing and fun!
 

soapbuddy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
22
Location
Hot Desert of Cali
pepperi27 said:
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all
What are shave sticks?
Well my grandfather wanted to try my shave soap but complained he has no where to put the soap when finished. (I have no bowls LOL) Anyway i decided I had some deodorant sticks and put the soap inside. Well gave him one and he loved it! He told me he didn't need his aftershave lotion after using the soap and it was cleaner cause all he had to do was cap and put the stick away! My bf loves it as well better than shaving cream!
So that's what it is; thanks!

Irena
 

pepperi27

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
0
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all
What are shave sticks?
Well my grandfather wanted to try my shave soap but complained he has no where to put the soap when finished. (I have no bowls LOL) Anyway i decided I had some deodorant sticks and put the soap inside. Well gave him one and he loved it! He told me he didn't need his aftershave lotion after using the soap and it was cleaner cause all he had to do was cap and put the stick away! My bf loves it as well better than shaving cream!
So that's what it is; thanks!

Irena
No problem!
 

Soapmaker Man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
88
Location
SW Missouri
Shannan your soaps are beautiful! I wish I could colour and swirl like you girl! I have not tried Pink Sugar or the Men's type, but I think I'd leave it the way it turns out like you do. I do use TD at times though.

Paul....Colour and Swirl impaired! :oops: :oops:
 
Top