ITS THE SOAP POT WEEKEND!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi everyone, here we are again. The weekend. I must say, I am truly exhausted. Between midterms, work, and getting ready for my upcoming shows, I am hardly getting any rest. :cry:
Anyways..

This weekend I am restocking and getting ready for my 6 day show! (3 days one weekend, and then the following weekend) I have help at the shows.. but will be working alone in the kitchen lol.
So thats whats in my pot this weekend..

How about yours?

I am re-batching some soap that smells/feels great but I was unhappy with the mold. I have some oils and scents I would love to use but alas, I am out of lye and I have family coming to visit so I can't drive 30 miels to Lowes to get more.

No soaping for me this weekend. I'm assessing job applications, finishing a module of my Cert 1 in IT and packing ready to go away for a conference for work next week.

Plus, it's too hot already! The only time my kitchen is comfortable from now until March is after the sun has gone down.

For me it is liquid soap making weekend. I am having a kick making it. :lol:

Yesterday I made up 1/2 gallon of my homemade hand and face cream. I scented part of it for the swap Shannan's hosting. I'll get those sent in Tuesday at the latest Shannan. The rest I put into a sterile plastic tub I washed and used a bleach rinse then always spray with 92% alcohol before putting in my cream for storage in the fridge even though it's got Liquid Germall Plus at almost 1%.
Today, it's back to the shop to fill orders so I can ship out first thing in the morning. Have fun friends!

Paul.... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Yesterday I made up 1/2 gallon of my homemade hand and face cream. I scented part of it for the swap Shannan's hosting. I'll get those sent in Tuesday at the latest Shannan. The rest I put into a sterile plastic tub I washed and used a bleach rinse then always spray with 92% alcohol before putting in my cream for storage in the fridge even though it's got Liquid Germall Plus at almost 1%.
Today, it's back to the shop to fill orders so I can ship out first thing in the morning. Have fun friends!

No problem Paul, I will be waiting for it. I already received Pepper's box. Waiting for everyone elses...

On Saturday I made "Gimmiesomesugar" soap (Pink Sugar) two layered. The bottome has the FO it turns brown. And the top is pink. (Yes, I will take pics)
Restock of Black Magic.

Today I will be making
Pearberry, Cranberry Fig, and Frank & Myrrh

Trying out a body butter recipe. I need to tweak it. I want a thick cream. :wink:

I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all

pepperi27 said:
I made shave sticks, foot balms one for women and one for men. I'm going to make soaps, lotions, and some body sprays. Everything Im doing will be for xmas and some extras to sell. Its so much work and im not even doing so many scents just five or six. Have fun all

What are shave sticks?

Yes, do spill on the shave sticks..

I am making a haunted house. Last year was uor first Haloween with the shop open & we had 2000, two-thousand trick or treaters. Downtown does a big trick or treat deal & it's just huge! We did the only haunted house in town last year, The back 1/2 of our building is currently just storage so we cover everything in black plastic & since the hubby is a carpenter he constructs a maze. People enter throught the side storage door & are spit out into our shop. Kinda like how when you ride a ride at an amusement park or visit a museum you have to walk throught the gift shop to get out. We have a no blood or body part rule in the haunted house. It's for elementary school aged kids. We do skeletons, spiders, snakes, mummies & such. My 5 y/o sits at the end & squirts everyone w/ air (which is THE scariest part) the kids scream & he just dies laughing OUT LOUD, that is how we know it's time to send the next bunch through... he loves it!

I will post photos after the vevent.

Shannan, I read somewhere the other day someone used a vanilla stabilizer and it worked wonderfully on Pink Sugar! They said it stayed nice and off white. Now that I think about it, I think I remember where I read it and will be silent on that one. :roll: :lol: If you can't figure it out, PM me! LOL

ETA: I think I know where you got the inspiration for the Frank & Myrrh! :lol: Her swirl was beautiful.... 8)

Soapmaker Man said:
Shannan, I read somewhere the other day someone used a vanilla stabilizer and it worked wonderfully on Pink Sugar! They said it stayed nice and off white. Now that I think about it, I think I remember where I read it and will be silent on that one. :roll: :lol: If you can't figure it out, PM me! LOL

I bought some. I hope to play with it soon. :D

Irena

Soapmaker Man said:

ETA: I think I know where you got the inspiration for the Frank & Myrrh! :lol: Her swirl was beautiful.... 8)

I know where you read it, and I like it the way it is :) And I been making Frank & Myrrh every year for the past 5 years. Mine is just a basic bar and FO added.. nothing fancy...

soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:

What are shave sticks?

Well my grandfather wanted to try my shave soap but complained he has no where to put the soap when finished. (I have no bowls LOL) Anyway i decided I had some deodorant sticks and put the soap inside. Well gave him one and he loved it! He told me he didn't need his aftershave lotion after using the soap and it was cleaner cause all he had to do was cap and put the stick away! My bf loves it as well better than shaving cream!

Tabitha said:
Yes, do spill on the shave sticks..

I am making a haunted house. Last year was uor first Haloween with the shop open & we had 2000, two-thousand trick or treaters. Downtown does a big trick or treat deal & it's just huge! We did the only haunted house in town last year, The back 1/2 of our building is currently just storage so we cover everything in black plastic & since the hubby is a carpenter he constructs a maze. People enter throught the side storage door & are spit out into our shop. Kinda like how when you ride a ride at an amusement park or visit a museum you have to walk throught the gift shop to get out. We have a no blood or body part rule in the haunted house. It's for elementary school aged kids. We do skeletons, spiders, snakes, mummies & such. My 5 y/o sits at the end & squirts everyone w/ air (which is THE scariest part) the kids scream & he just dies laughing OUT LOUD, that is how we know it's time to send the next bunch through... he loves it!

I will post photos after the vevent.

That sounds so amazing and fun!

pepperi27 said:
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:

What are shave sticks?

Well my grandfather wanted to try my shave soap but complained he has no where to put the soap when finished. (I have no bowls LOL) Anyway i decided I had some deodorant sticks and put the soap inside. Well gave him one and he loved it! He told me he didn't need his aftershave lotion after using the soap and it was cleaner cause all he had to do was cap and put the stick away! My bf loves it as well better than shaving cream!

So that's what it is; thanks!

Irena

soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:
soapbuddy said:
pepperi27 said:

What are shave sticks?

So that's what it is; thanks!

Irena

No problem!

Shannan your soaps are beautiful! I wish I could colour and swirl like you girl! I have not tried Pink Sugar or the Men's type, but I think I'd leave it the way it turns out like you do. I do use TD at times though.

Paul....Colour and Swirl impaired! :oops: :oops:

Back