Quantcast

ITP swirl w/butterfly effect?!?!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I made some 'man soap' last night and wasn't really going for anything fancy, just a 3 color ITP swirl. I'm really happy with the color contrast and was super-surprised when I took pics of the cut bars. One of the photos kinda looks like a butterfly or tiki mask so I got a bonus . . . also got glycerin rivers but still think it looks pretty cool. :cool:

IMG_1020[1].jpg

Obsidian

Reaction score
Nice. Try taking the two center bars, flipping them upside down and putting the black edges together.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing as Obsidian! Reverse your bars for the other butterfly. I think the swirls will look even more elegant. What a fine batch you got!

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Try taking the two center bars, flipping them upside down and putting the black edges together.
Like this? I played with the bars and flipped some pics 180 degrees. My eyes see scary creatures in the first 2 pics but the last one looks more cute than sinister. Consider it a Rorschach test, what do you guys see?

sdm1.jpg

sdm2.jpg

sdm3.jpg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I see what you mean. My eyes are drawn instantly to the face in the very middle and much less so to the swoop of the black lines.

soapmage

Reaction score
Beautiful swirls and lovely color combo!:thumbup: