irritated with Esty...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
Sooo, after HOURS and hours of preparing my etsy website I ran into one problem. I cannot seem to make my shop sections appear on my home page. When I click on "add shop sections" it says that there is 33 items. I have several sections such as goatmilk soap, coconut milk soap, etc... and when i click on each section it showes a drop down list of all the correct soaps for that catagory but for some reason next to each section it says a big fat ZERO. I cant figure out how to make them show up! I tried everything and even sent Etsy an email for an answer but its been two days now and no reply :twisted: Im ready to open shop and this is the only thing holding me back. So thats where I am in my progress.... stuck lol! :crazy:

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Etsy is being difficult for you to use with things! I wish I knew something to suggest, but I have only bought through them, I have never tried to set up an account to sell before.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Etsy is being difficult for you to use with things! I wish I knew something to suggest, but I have only bought through them, I have never tried to set up an account to sell before.
I just needed to vent a little and perhaps someone would know the answer to my dilema lol

I have an etsy shop but I've never had that problem :( You are doing everything right. When you are listing your item are you choosing the category you want it to go into?

I have an etsy shop but I've never had that problem :( You are doing everything right. When you are listing your item are you choosing the category you want it to go into?
yes, when im listing an item it gives me the choice of which shop section to put the item under. Each item is listed in the right catagory, but they are hidden somehow. I can see them listed under the catogory if I click on it BUT the catagories show up with a <zero> and therefore will not show up in my store. I could just open the store anyway but Im particular and want people to know that I have several sections to choose from. Soooo, still waiting for a reply from Etsy to resolve the glitch.

Yeah, I just checked your link and it won't allow me in....I looked at my listings and tried to edit one to see if there was something Im not thinking of but nope...you are doing it all right. It must be glitching. Have you tried to start from scratch or restart etsy and your computer?

I suspect the issue is that you haven't actually opened the shop up to the public/published the store.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RoyaltySoapworks will be your store's URL. However, when I go to that, it just takes me to your profile. My shop is public, so when I click on my link, it shows my shop, but its empty, no categories or item listings showing, just an empty store.

Can you turn your store on -- make it public -- to see if your categories work properly in that mode? Then turn it back off if you want to go back to working on it in private? If switching from private to public and vice versa is an easy change, this might be worth a try while you wait. --DeeAnna

I suspect the issue is that you haven't actually opened the shop up to the public/published the store.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RoyaltySoapworks will be your store's URL. However, when I go to that, it just takes me to your profile. My shop is public, so when I click on my link, it shows my shop, but its empty, no categories or item listings showing, just an empty store.
I just tried looking for a setting to make it public but i would have to list my items and actually get billed to go public at this point, probably because i have all kinds of things listed. If it were empty i would assume i would be able to open it without getting charged at that point if that makes sense.

I would open shop right now even with the glitch but i think I will wait until Friday either way because thursday is a huge day for me....i go in for a follow up MRI of my brain to see if the tumor is growing back. If it is, then it will be life altering news all over again for me and if that happens, packaging and shipping soap will be the last thing on my mind. I have my fingers crossed though that it is good news so i can open shop and wait for sales lol! I will let you all know how it goes and thanks for the support and advice. xoxo

Can you turn your store on -- make it public -- to see if your categories work properly in that mode? Then turn it back off if you want to go back to working on it in private? If switching from private to public and vice versa is an easy change, this might be worth a try while you wait. --DeeAnna
I wish i could but once i "open" it, I get charged for the listings. Soooo.... i guess i will give it a day or two to resolve the issue and take care of a few personal obsticals in the meantime...:crazy:

....i go in for a follow up MRI of my brain to see if the tumor is growing back. If it is, then it will be life altering news all over again for me and if that happens, packaging and shipping soap will be the last thing on my mind. I have my fingers crossed though that it is good news so i can open shop and wait for sales lol! I will let you all know how it goes and thanks for the support and advice. xoxo

Oh my.....good luck....I hope that you get really good news. xx

Last edited:
Keeping you in my thoughts R&R and I'll be waiting on an update. I'm sure the glitch will be resolved the instant you go live on Etsy.

So sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones during this time. Stay strong, R&R.

Sooo, after HOURS and hours of preparing my etsy website I ran into one problem. I cannot seem to make my shop sections appear on my home page.

Shop sections cannot be seen by the public until you "publish" (pay for) a listing. Try one. The 20 cent fee is good for four months (or until an item sells). Even after an item is published you can continue to edit it, change pictures, change tags, titles, move it around, deactivate it, re-activate and not pay again within the four-month window. When it sells you can decide whether you want to re-list it and pay another 20 cent fee, which starts the clock running again.

If you publish only one item, you will only see the shop section for that one listing. The listing will also appear in your main shop list. The other sections will stay hidden until you publish a listing in each of those.

Hope that helps.

Clem

Back