Intoducing myself & Castille soap questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baltochef

Reaction score
Greetings!

The last time I made soaps was back in 1996..A co-worker at a restaurant I worked at gave me a ton of copied sheets on soap making..I borrowed a digital postal scale to weigh the lye, & dove in..The soaps I made were all too harsh as neither the literature I was given, nor the woman I worked with mentioned anything about aging the soaps..

I made about 25 batches, containing differing ingredients & gave almost all of it away as presents..Needless to say, no one liked the soaps very much..

Fast forward to the present..My life is going in a new direction as I transition from eating cooked foods to a raw food diet..In addition, I'm attempting to make as much of my life as green as possible..I recently made liquid laundry soap to replace the commercial BioPac liquid laundry detergent that I've been using for the past several years..I used Ivory bar soap, Arm & Hammer Super washing soda, & 20 Mule Team Borax powder to make the semi-gel laundry soap..

I'd like to make Castille soap using predominantly olive oil (80%), cocoa butter (10%), & cold-pressed coconut oil (10%)..When fully cured I'd use this in the laundry soap recipe, as well as a bar soap for washing my face, hands, & body (showering)..

Can anyone point me in the right direction for printed books, as well as material on this site (& the web) that will focus on vegetable oil based soap recipes??..

I've got to go now as I'm being pulled away from the computer by other duties..I'll check back tomorrow for any responses..

Thanks, Bruce

Welcome back to a great hobby! By finding this forum, you have found a great wealth of useful info. I suggest that you start your adventure with a long read at http://www.millersoap.com/. It is a great site and will get you going down the right path. :D

welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here. unfortuneatly I don't have any pointers for you but hopefully someone else will shortly.

Latest posts

Back