Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I know I'm a bit ahead but just put my soap into the mold, hoping the colors are everything I'm hoping for. As it is my soap is an egg protein soap with kiwi fruit incorporated

Kiwi is VERY good for collagen production and skin protection as well as vitamin e.

I'll post again once I unmold and cut it...too long away....really want to dive into it tonight!!! Ugh

Well I tried to get sand with an umbrella top but it looks more like bacon with a water top....but I like it. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1431794023.029865.jpg

And it smells like a tropical island

I like it, still waiting to unmold mine...might not happen til tomorrow...it was still pretty soft this am

Lol I know I'm a bit ahead but just put my soap into the mold, hoping the colors are everything I'm hoping for. As it is my soap is an egg protein soap with kiwi fruit incorporated

Kiwi is VERY good for collagen production and skin protection as well as vitamin e.

I'll post again once I unmold and cut it...too long away....really want to dive into it tonight!!! Ugh

Wyredgirl, stupid question(s), but how do you put egg protein in? And what colour does kiwi end up?

Egg protein is really just a super fancy way of saying "egg"

Kiwi creates an nice off white, it is a really nice base and it blends very well into a nice froth. I use it for watermelon soap because of the lightness it retains.

Last edited:
Spiderpup - I'd like you to do a hanger swirl, with white kaolin, annatto and madder root, scented with geranium and orange EOs (if you have those!)

I have:

All the usual oxides and ultramarines
Micas in dark pink, light pink, orange, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, various shades of purple, gold, light brown
Neons in pink, yellow, orange and blue (can mix to get more colours)

FOs: moroccan mint, coconut cream, orange blossom, rosehip, rose geranium, jasmine, sexy beast (mixed floral), raspberry, mango, grapefruit Bellini, grapefruit and lily, electric lemonade.
Also quite a few EOs

Willing to try any design possible in a slab or loaf mould :)

I have to pull out of the game, hurt my back and its hard to get around.

Last edited:
Egg protein is really just a super fancy way of saying "egg"

Kiwi creates an nice off white, it is a really nice base and it blends very well into a nice froth. I use it for watermelon soap because of the lightness it retains.

Wyredgirl, that's super neat! It's so cool that kiwi makes an off white! I must try that. :)

4 th of july later red white and blue Coconut lime verbana with a possible star in in the upper right corner or several small tube start :)
Hey zolveria, I'm officially going to attempt to make the soap tomorrow but I researched the coconut scent I have and its going to discolor to brown. Is there any other scent recommendation you have? I can do lemon verbena and guava mango?

I just want to make sure the soap comes out ok. I know I'm super late but I was focusing on the mini dessert challenge this week!

So, I haven’t bunked out on you, mine is still in the mold. We had issues this weekend. I decided that Bay Rum is a man’s soap so why not use beer instead of the aloe vera juice I normally use. Turns out I didn’t have enough frozen beer on hand, we I thought a water discount would be okay. I forgot that this fragrance likes to accelerate. I got big globs of my base color in my 5 pound mold then couldn’t work with the colors I had separated so I blended some aloe vera juice in those and poured it on top of what was in the 5 pound mold. I had enough extra to do a smaller mold so I filled it, ran a hanger around in both and set it aside.

I still can’t unmold these (made Saturday morning) and I can’t try again until I get the molds free. I just hope it isn’t a total waste.

I will post pictures either way once I get it cut.

Wyredgirl-

So you are mass producing citrus drinks? I want to inspire you to make me a drink… soap – and no citrus. Anything that is a drink and reminds you of summer. A fruity cocktail, ice tea, something minty… up to you!

Layers and swirls are what your family and friends like? How about a solid layer, mica line, drop swirl/ITP swirl layer, mica line, solid layer, then topped with micas?

Ok so my inspiration was my coffee fanatic family and friends, a summertime drink we always have is a frappucino in our hands.

So:

Bottom layer is colored with cocoa powder and has coffee grinds in it for exfoliation it then has a glitter "mica" line to add that frozen effect.

Next layer is an ITP swirl colored with cinnamon and cocoa powder. The pink has a very light coral mica additive. Mica line this time is cocoa powder

Next layer is colored with cinnamon. White layer was plain white no colorant

It smells like a spiced latte

With cinnamon cassia EO (0.02%)
Clove
And a touch of cedarwood (weird but helps with an earthy spice.)

Made sure to keep my EOs within the legal range for cosmetics.

Drizzled organic sugar, coffee grounds and cocoa powder in cocoa butter on too to give off an AMAZING chocolatey aroma.

Soaped at a 5% superfat.

Also had pieces from a chocolate mint soap cut into little straws for them.

Wyredgirl --- Mmmmmm.... looks absolutely yummy as a soap and as a real coffee drink. I raise my coffee cup as a toast to this one! :)

Thanks so much :) it took a little longer to cure...but I love it, and the house no longer smells like citrus!!! Yay

Back