Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx! I love the colors, but after redoing it I am convinced the tall skinny mold would showcase the swirl pattern I was trying to use, better...
And Thx for recommending (on another older thread ) a gel in the oven to stick separated layers. Dabbed with water, smashed back into the mold, and cpoping it worked like a charm!
Zolveria, welcome back! Can't wait to see the next players decision and see your creation!!

Side note I've seen many people say they dislike neroli Shea blossom, but I have always really liked it!! Must be the bergamot and lime (I'm a sucker for bergamot!!!!).

Zolveria, I'll give this a shot.

How about a column swirl with an earthy theme inspired by your home. So if it's really lush and green show us that or if it's desert show us that. Anything can be your inspiration there. Because I can't smell it you can choose the FO or EO.

I'm not really picky but with what you have (Micas and oxides it should give you a good start)

And in return I'll post what I have:

I only use essential oils, or EO blends but I pretty much have every kind available. Although I would prefer to stay away from a pure citrus EO (I just made a TON of mechanics soap for my hubby and he likes the citrusy smells. And my house smells like I'm mass producing citrus drinks.)

Colors:
I have all of the natural colorants (roots/herbs/powders) as well as Micas and oxides

Charcoal
TD

As far as technique challenge me! I do A LOT of basic swirls and layering because that's what family and friends like, but I am open to creating anything.

I know my ingredients are vague but If I listed everything I could use it would take 6 pages lol.

Okay : my home at present is green grass my inside color are Jewel decor and my house is an old world Wood every where with 2 stain glass windows more Italian style
so I guess i can do wood color with white and jewel tone colors swirls, how does that sound perhaps a thin layer or white then swirls again

Zolveria, I'll give this a shot.

How about a column swirl with an earthy theme inspired by your home. So if it's really lush and green show us that or if it's desert show us that. Anything can be your inspiration there. Because I can't smell it you can choose the FO or EO.

I'm not really picky but with what you have (Micas and oxides it should give you a good start)

And in return I'll post what I have:

I only use essential oils, or EO blends but I pretty much have every kind available. Although I would prefer to stay away from a pure citrus EO (I just made a TON of mechanics soap for my hubby and he likes the citrusy smells. And my house smells like I'm mass producing citrus drinks.)

Colors:
I have all of the natural colorants (roots/herbs/powders) as well as Micas and oxides

Charcoal
TD

As far as technique challenge me! I do A LOT of basic swirls and layering because that's what family and friends like, but I am open to creating anything.

Last edited:
Wyredgirl-

So you are mass producing citrus drinks? I want to inspire you to make me a drink… soap – and no citrus. Anything that is a drink and reminds you of summer. A fruity cocktail, ice tea, something minty… up to you!

Layers and swirls are what your family and friends like? How about a solid layer, mica line, drop swirl/ITP swirl layer, mica line, solid layer, then topped with micas?

Sure thing...hmm what my family and friends are like... This'll be interesting.

I have a lot of scents, but most are in 1 ounce amounts so if you want some different I may have it

What I have in larger amounts: Hazelnut Coffee, Homemade Cheesecake, Raspberry, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Bay Rum, Sea Salt Lotus Blossom, Patchouli, Mandarin Lime, Black Raspberry & Vanilla

I am willing to blend as well (although depending on how it the blend smells I reserve the right to only make a small amount J )

Colors, I have a lot of micas and have most colors, if not I have something that is close enough

Please challenge me with your technique inspiration. I do a lot of drop swirls and ITP swirls. I do love to pipe high tops on soaps as well.

So spiderpup, if you want to join, now you choose ourwolfden's next soap hard on their technique ad ingredients list. Then you list your techniques you're willing to do, and list the ingredients people can choose from. Everyone is welcome to play :)

here is what i have on hand

lots of EO blends
island breeze fragrance oil

morrocan red clay
rose clay
blue clay
french green clay
French red clay
blue indigo
ultramarine blue
spirulina
activated charcoal
green indigo
henna

i have done the following
spin swirl
stick swirl
high tops
cupcakes
drop swirl

So spiderpup, if you want to join, now you choose ourwolfden's next soap hard on their technique ad ingredients list. Then you list your techniques you're willing to do, and list the ingredients people can choose from. Everyone is welcome to play :)

Thank you, lionprincess, and bear with me please... I'm a newbie. But this is AWESOME!! I'm going to think about this and come up with an idea tonight. Is that okay?

Oh dear, should I pass on this turn and wait till tonight when I have some time? I don't know soapmakingforum etiquette!!! :sad:

I LOVE bay rum!!, SweetBubbleTreat, that sounds fantastic!

Oh dear, should I pass on this turn and wait till tonight when I have some time? I don't know soapmakingforum etiquette!!! :sad:

I LOVE bay rum!!, SweetBubbleTreat, that sounds fantastic!

Nah, I think taking a few days to get started if perfectly fine - or at least I hope so since it took me a couple to get going. :D

Alright spiderpup...choose sweetbubbletreats swirl, colors and scents, then post what you have and what you're willing to try. All newbies welcome:) you're doing fine! Choose hers, post yours, wait for someone to choose yours, then you can take a while to soap and complete...

here is what i have on hand

lots of EO blends
island breeze fragrance oil

morrocan red clay
rose clay
blue clay
french green clay
French red clay
blue indigo
ultramarine blue
spirulina
activated charcoal
green indigo
henna

i have done the following
spin swirl
stick swirl
high tops
cupcakes
drop swirl

Hey SweetBubbleTreat, you've given me clay envy! What does Island Breeze smell like? Is it an edible smell or a fresh-y smell? If it's a fresh-y smell, I want that, with a spin swirl with reds and pinks so it looks like ripply sand and if it's a edible smell, would you please do a high top that looks like a drink that would have a teeny tiny umbrella in it? Is that okay?

I have:
activated charcoal
white kaolin
fuller's earth
sage
blue indigo
alkanet
annatto
madder root
pink mica

and a whole bunch of EOs (the usual suspects, I'm not very sophisticated) but I just picked up some rosewood and some bay laurel cause I love them but I've never done anything with them and I bought my first FO - sandalwood - and I've not used that before either.

I've done:
drop swirl
hanger swirl
stick swirl
accidental high top (that's a water discount with citrus and spice oils in a milk and honey soap, also known as the "Holy #@$%, I gotta get this in the mold NOW!!" swirl)
pencil line
whatever it's called where you pour layers over a spatula

:D:D:D

Back