I'm just flabbergasted. Thank all of you for........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I use coconut oil from the grocery store? LuAnn coconut oil is what I'm thinking. I just want to make soap to use in the laundry. Found this simple recipe online: 6 oz water, 16 oz coconut oil, 2.9 oz lye.

Thoughts?:think:

LuAnn is fine. Run the recipe through a lye calculator to check your lye and water.

WOW I don't know what to say other than I want to thank everyone who turned me in the direction of making 100% CO soap for laundry and cutting sticks off for stains.

Would you mind sharing your recipe, or if it's been posted in the past please point me in the right direction as I missed it and I'd love to give this a try.

Thanks.

WOW I don't know what to say other than I want to thank everyone who turned me in the direction of making 100% CO soap for laundry and cutting sticks off for stains.

Would you mind sharing your recipe, or if it's been posted in the past please point me in the right direction as I missed it and I'd love to give this a try.

Thanks.

That pretty much IS the recipe: 100% coconut oil, at 0% superfat

Whether you want to do it hot or cold process is up to you.

To figure out how much you want to make, and how much lye and water is needed, use a soap calculator like soapcalc.net
Theres a wonderful tutorial for using SoapCalc here: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=49627

Sorry been MIA with craziness the last few days! Soaking the item is definitely the key when a stain has been set in through a few washes :)

This is my stain stick,too. Fabulous, isn't it? Try it to spot clean your carpets, too.

Finally made my CO laundry soap. I just wish I had some kind of push container to use for the stain sticks, it would be so much easier to store and use that way. I was thinking deodorant type containers would work well.

I was thinking the same thing. There is a discussion of that in this thread or one of my other threads. About deodorant containers

Hmm. I was thinking along the lines of a container like an Elmer's glue stick. I may have to sacrifice one to see if it works.

Mine I just scrub my soap isn't the clothes all over and soak for 1 to 3 hours before washing.

I can get those polypropylene tubes locally, I'll have to pick some up. Trying to brainstorm what I can shove my already sliced sticks into, they are too big for a glue stick.

Latest posts

Back