Iced Mocha Soap (or My 1st Embed)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
Here's a story about a bad batch that went from falling apart to falling in place.

About two weeks ago I tried to make a coffee soap with swirls and a pencil line. The loaf fell apart along the pencil line, plus the scent was disappointing. I threw it in a bag to save for a rebatch.

Day before yesterday I was trying to clean up and organize a little, and I just didn't know what to do with that bag. Underneath a side table in the living room was not a good spot to store it, but I didn't have anywhere else. Then, all of a sudden (as most good ideas happen), the idea came to me to chop that soap into cubes to use as embeds for an "iced mocha" soap. That was the end of my cleaning and organizing. I made cubes out of the old soap, and plopped them into the mold all willy nilly. Then I whipped up a batch of soap scented with some chocolate FO I got as a sample from Brambleberry. I also added cocoa powder for color. I poured it in on top of my "ice" cubes and this is the result:

iced01.jpg

iced02.jpg

iced03.jpg

View attachment 8535

View attachment 8536

Great job! I love the "randomness" (is that even a word?!) of the embeds. Very cool looking. Now I'm thinking about a few of my icky batches and what I can do with them. Hmmmm...... Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the great work! :thumbup:

Gorgeous soap. I have to add this to my list of soap experiments to try. It's getting to be quite a long list.

Back